Stranded and need electrical help!
01-25-2023, (Subject: Stranded and need electrical help! ) 
Stranded and need electrical help!
I’ve been having issues with my lights for a while. The boss had someone come over and do some work and they had been working fine. They started acting up again today. Here’s how it started. I hooked up to the same trailer I always pull. Plugged in the pigtail and after about 3 or 4 seconds I lost the marker lights on my tractor and the relay was buzzing. Unhooked the pigtail and everything came back on. Pulled out from under the trailer and when I stepped on the brake pedal, the dash lights came on. Now I have nothing. No markers, turn signals, taillights, etc. only lights that are still working are the dome light and the light on the bottom side of my door panel. I’m 800 miles out and this idiot I work for said just to go ahead and roll and we’d get it fixed when I get back. I think not. I’m sure it’s gotta be something simple. I’ve checked all fuses and all of the relays except for the flasher relay. I can’t seem to find it anywhere and it’s not clicking so now I really can’t find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated
replyreply
01-25-2023, (Subject: Stranded and need electrical help! ) 
RE: Stranded and need electrical help!
Found the turn signal relay finally and it’s clicking when I turn the signal light on but I still have no signals or dash indicators
replyreply
01-26-2023, (Subject: Stranded and need electrical help! ) 
Maybe try by putting on a new trailer pigtail harness?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
01-27-2023, (Subject: Stranded and need electrical help! ) 
Perhaps disconnect power at batteries, will cause system to reset.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
01-28-2023, (Subject: Stranded and need electrical help! ) 
I had similar problem with a 2019 van trailer it had grote wiring harness main harness plugs into rear harness in middle of trailer below floor that connection is supposed to be water right but water still got in there and was shorting almost all the lights that connection would get hot eventually that's how we found the problem
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , hhow55
08-23-2023, (Subject: Stranded and need electrical help! ) 
(01-25-2023 )Grumpyjoewv Wrote:  I’ve been having issues with my lights for a while. The boss had someone come over and do some work and they had been working fine. They started acting up again today. Here’s how it started. I hooked up to the same trailer I always pull. Plugged in the pigtail and after about 3 or 4 seconds I lost the marker lights on my tractor and the relay was buzzing. Unhooked the pigtail and everything came back on. Pulled out from under the trailer and when I stepped on the brake pedal, the dash lights came on. Now I have nothing. No markers, turn signals, taillights, etc. only lights that are still working are the dome light and the light on the bottom side of my door panel. I’m 800 miles out and this idiot I work for said just to go ahead and roll and we’d get it fixed when I get back. I think not. I’m sure it’s gotta be something simple. I’ve checked all fuses and all of the relays except for the flasher relay. I can’t seem to find it anywhere and it’s not clicking so now I really can’t find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated

What kind of truck year exc. They are frequently behind the glove box if it's a truck that doesn't have an LCM. Easiest thing to do is simply unplug the cord and see if anything changes. If you plugged in the cord and stuff was buzzing there is a high chance there is a blown fuse or damaged relays.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.