Cracked head or liner?
09-13-2016, (Subject: Cracked head or liner? ) 
RE: Cracked head or liner?
That thing go to 50psi regularly? Sounds like head gasket
replyreply
09-14-2016, (Subject: Cracked head or liner? ) 
No it did it a total of two times different days. Both times the outside temps were below -30 degrees f. I could hear my turbo change tone as it reached those pressures and I'd immediately back off. One it spoiled down is get back into it and it wouldn't do it again.
replyreply
(09-13-2016 )Mluper Wrote:  Pyro gets to 1050 degrees. Boost has gone clear up to 50 psi when it was -30 degrees out. I do have a VG turbo on it. As far as the programming I have no idea.

YOU HAVE A BAD DELETE!!!
YOU HAVE A BAD DELETE!!!
YOU HAVE A BAD DELETE!!!
YOU HAVE A BAD DELETE!!!

=============

ABOVE 40-LBS OF BOOST WILL BLOW THE HEAD GASKET AND/OR CRACK THE HEAD ON AN ISX!!! --- And if the boost is that bad,.. You know DAMN WELL, the rest of the tune is bad. I bet it does not even know what engine modes to run in. THAT IS WHY IT FREAKS OUT IN COLD WEATHER!.

EGT'S ABOVE ABOUT 950 OR SO IS RIDICULOUS AND DAMAGING TO THE ENGINE!!! -- I BET YOUR TURBO, INJECTORS, VALVES, HEAD, PISTONS, AND EVERYTHING ELSE IS OVERHEATING AND COOKING TOO!

That is your FIRST PRIORITY!!!-- GET RID OF THAT BAD DELETE! -- OR YOU WILL BE REPEATING ALL YOUR FAILURES AGAIN AND AGAIN!.

You traded away Emissions problems to destroyed engine problems! That is what you did. I have seen it a hundred times or more. Some ass##hole has put a copy of one of those big-name, big-dollar tunes in your engine,... They are hands down the worst tunes of them all! ALL those high-dollar big-name tunes (PukeDits,DS,JBLL,PBP,BD,ETC>ETC>ETC. horrible delete companies with horrible tuning).. and people copy/steal them out of other trucks and destroy other peoples engines with them!.

Here is your future...

./uploads/201609/post_2_1473854097_44ac49177fabbc67add5c1e170e586cf.jpg

and...

./uploads/201609/post_2_1473854257_156fbd9b3d6bf71b2df6e15c10059089.jpg

and...

./uploads/201609/post_2_1473854634_b8067eb5770314e3d84bfbbd02e9ffa6.jpg

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
At the very least, he will need a new head and head gasket if it has over-boosted above 40 psi like that in its past. The head for sure will fail a magma-flux with several micro-cracks, especially if it has more than 450k miles on it. Don't waste the money getting it sent off and checked,.. use that cash towards a new one. He likely has leaky injectors and a lot of other heat related problems too. Replace the head and head gasket with brand new ones,.. not re-man. Perform an injector leak test on the injectors. Several of them are likely toast too. Replace any sensors that effect engine performance that are known to not read well as they age, like the IMAP and exhaust BP sensors, etc.

You will also need to check if it did not drop a liner by pressurizing the coolant system to 20 psi and letting it sit overnight with the oil pan off.

Get that terrible programming out of it and put 'MM' in it (the only isx tune that is worth a damn), set the power to something reasonable, and chok it up as "oops, I f##ked up".

It could have been much worse,,. he could have removed the VG turbo and put some after-market crap on there to the tune of several more thousands of dollars, further compounding his/her problems.

I hope you didn't actually pay good money for someone to put that crap tune in there,.. What a shame.
replyreply
09-15-2016, (Subject: Cracked head or liner? ) 
Boost leak will cause high egt and boost pressures. especially in colder weather.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
Rawze's words may seem harsh but he speaks the truth. You have a bad tune and that's where you need to start before you grenade the engine.
Who knows what other carnage has occurred inside the engine.
Whatever you do, keep that boost under 40 and preferably 30 and baby that thing untill you at least get the tune fixed.
If it was me, I would park it untill it's fixed.
Good luck.
replyreply
Important question would be what is boost normally, not what did it spike to twice.

I like that "he didn't know the power"

I work with a guy who just had a $36,000 I didn't know the power experiment as well. New rebuild and ran a dyno to break it on and learned he's running 700+ to the ground with a non vg and cooler removed and coolant passages plugged!!!!!

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
09-16-2016, (Subject: Cracked head or liner? ) 
(09-15-2016 )Brock Wrote:  Important question would be what is boost normally, not what did it spike to twice.

I like that "he didn't know the power"

I work with a guy who just had a $36,000 I didn't know the power experiment as well. New rebuild and ran a dyno to break it on and learned he's running 700+ to the ground with a non vg and cooler removed and coolant passages plugged!!!!!

Rawze shakes head in sadness... How can someone monkeying around in your ECM that claims to have enough knowledge to "deleting it", which is WAY MORE DIFFICULT TO GET RIGHT than it is to set the power levels properly, have no clue what the power is going to be? -- Sheer ignorant rotten butchery by an ignorant fool!. -- And the sad part is that a lot of truck owners are usually just as guilty too. Most of the time it is someone that will brag about it, like it is some glorious thing through their own sheer ignorance, while they wonder why the engine keeps going through heads, gaskets, pistons, injectors, etc. from mostly just bad tuning and not the actual power output.

The real irony in that statement for those who do not know is that even if someone wanted to make more than 700hp with their engine, the VG Holset that those idiots took off it would have allowed it to go much higher with less risk if it is done correctly.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
09-16-2016, (Subject: Cracked head or liner? ) 
My question is, Where the hell is he, where temps are -30f
Just a red flag i see!!!!

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Coco620

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.