Prostar to much play in the steering wheel
09-27-2016, (Subject: Prostar to much play in the steering wheel ) 
RE: Prostar to much play in the steering wheel
Sorry about that rawze, I been dealing with a family death, I just now getting back to work I will check my pm and make sure I gave you the correct number

User's Signature: I stand on a square, I am always seeking light... Just old traveling man lost in the wilderness my compass is pointing me to the East!!!!
replyreply
(09-27-2016 )rgreen Wrote:  Sorry about that rawze, I been dealing with a family death, I just now getting back to work I will check my pm and make sure I gave you the correct number

Our condolences to you and your family. A loss is never easy to deal with.

You should still have my number, your welcome to call me sometime during daylight hours.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(09-27-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  
(09-27-2016 )rgreen Wrote:  Sorry about that rawze, I been dealing with a family death, I just now getting back to work I will check my pm and make sure I gave you the correct number

Our condolences to you and your family. A loss is never easy to deal with.

You should still have my number, your welcome to call me sometime during daylight hours.

Ok I will call you tomorrow....

User's Signature: I stand on a square, I am always seeking light... Just old traveling man lost in the wilderness my compass is pointing me to the East!!!!
replyreply
Check the pitman arm. It will give you play in the steering if it's loose/worn.
replyreply
(09-27-2016 )Mrkentee Wrote:  Check the pitman arm. It will give you play in the steering if it's loose/worn.

Can you just change the bushing on the pitman arm?

replyreply
09-28-2016, (Subject: Prostar to much play in the steering wheel ) 
(09-14-2016 )rgreen Wrote:  Hello everyone, I have a 09 prostar, the steering feels a little to loose, the truck had the kinpins replace also had new firestone steer tires put on, a new steering shaft, also tire rods. Sometime I will pot hole and the truck feels like it wants to go its own way. I have also had the new steer tire cut"tuning" to make them even. I still get likbye a jumpy feeling on the right side. Can anyone tell me what might be the problem. I forgot to mention also had the yoks replace on steering shaft.
I've seen this on a few trucks and found spring bushings were bad.
replyreply
09-28-2016, (Subject: Prostar to much play in the steering wheel ) 
(09-27-2016 )rgreen Wrote:  
(09-27-2016 )Mrkentee Wrote:  Check the pitman arm. It will give you play in the steering if it's loose/worn.

Can you just change the bushing on the pitman arm?

Replace it. There are no bushings. The splines start to wear smooth where it engages with the shaft coming out of the steering box.
When you inspect it by turning the wheel left and right you can see and feel if there's any movement that shouldn't be there.
replyreply
03-12-2022, (Subject: Prostar to much play in the steering wheel ) 
On the steering column, can anyone point to where I can find the torque spec for the bolts.
replyreply
03-12-2022, (Subject: Prostar to much play in the steering wheel ) 
(03-12-2022 )74bassman Wrote:  On the steering column, can anyone point to where I can find the torque spec for the bolts.

If you cannot find it then lookup the standard torque specs for that size and type of bolt... and go from there.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.