Prostar to much play in the steering wheel
09-15-2016, (Subject: Prostar to much play in the steering wheel ) 
RE: Prostar to much play in the steering wheel
(09-14-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  
(09-14-2016 )rgreen Wrote:  Hello everyone, I have a 09 prostar, the steering feels a little to loose, the truck had the kinpins replace also had new firestone steer tires put on, a new steering shaft, also tire rods. Sometime I will pot hole and the truck feels like it wants to go its own way. I have also had the new steer tire cut"tuning" to make them even. I still get like a jumpy feeling on the right side. Can anyone tell me what might be the problem. I forgot to mention also had the yoks replace on steering shaft.

What was the backlash in the tie-rods and king pins before replacement? -- Did they even bother to check it?

No they didn't even check.... I even ask them to replace the bearings but I was told that they where good. After a week out of the shop the inner seal went bad.... I have invested so much in the truck. I also have a problem with the a/c the back blows cold the front don't I replace the 2 thermistors even 2 accumulator. I brought the truck of ebay from a leasing company that was selling the truck someone already did a DPF delete I don't want to take into international I don't want to get in trouble for something I didn't do. I brought the software to scan the truck. I am just lost

User's Signature: I stand on a square, I am always seeking light... Just old traveling man lost in the wilderness my compass is pointing me to the East!!!!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prostar to much play in the steering wheel - rgreen - 09-15-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.