Prostar to much play in the steering wheel
09-15-2016, (Subject: Prostar to much play in the steering wheel ) 
RE: Prostar to much play in the steering wheel
One thing I have learned on my ProStar, 2008, that when one part of an area or system goes bad, you are best to replace it all. As soon as I have added something new to a system, the rest of it fails in short order. The AC is one of those systems. Only use OEM parts, the aftermarket stuff out here will fit, but it is not to the same specs as the OEM stuff, trust me on that.

And like Rawze said, get a Pyro on there ASAP and a Turbo Boost gauge if the truck does not have one. Honestly, I would park it until you are able to get into the ECM and do an MM. Then you can safely diagnose the rest of the motor. I hope they left the turbo alone, and the EGR cooler, those are not cheap to replace. The head... I feel for you man, this sounds ugly.

As far as taking it to the dealer... Get the MM on her and get it running correctly. My local dealer has no issues with my MM and have just recently did an in frame plus on the truck with a warranty. When I showed them what was done, and that all of the parts are still there and functioning, they had no issues at all doing the work, warrantying it and taking my money. But, they have had other trucks in there with bad mandate removals, those they will not touch, even though the law says they must. They have had trucks with holes drilled through the blocks and all sorts of other weird stuff, and I cannot blame them from not wanting them in their shop.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prostar to much play in the steering wheel - Waterloo - 09-15-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.