2006 Cm 870 cold weather derate
03-05-2023, (Subject: 2006 Cm 870 cold weather derate ) 
RE: 2006 Cm 870 cold weather derate
Understood Rawze.

Tree 98, Its finally warmed up enough out here in Colorado to start the truck up. After letting it warm up I disconnected the EGR plug, and the "CEL" light went on. So I am assuming then that the EGR system is in tact which I am fine with, at this point.
I still haven't figured anything out with Insite as I am not very good with computers. And I don't have enough seat time in the truck to know if it is infact the cold weather bug, that was found in a few other CM 870s as described by Unilever's past post that I had found
(03-24-2018 )Unilevers Wrote:  its a little know fact that cummins later calibrations had a glitch in the 870's in extreme cold ambient. It took me awhile to sort it but if i did why the hell didnt cummins? this is still a issue in all current calibrations for 870's.

it doesnt have so much to do with ambient temp as CIT temp and the density calculations and how the Charge manager logic reacts to this by altering engine Emissions levels or CAP_EL. this in turn alters the MCF reference and boom low boost high pyro.

FIX YOUR shi#t CUMMINS!@
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid24825

I am going to have to wait until it warms up into the 50's and haul a load I guess to figure this out.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2006 Cm 870 cold weather derate - Ron1 - 03-05-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.