Distance with DEF code?
03-01-2023, (Subject: Distance with DEF code? ) 
Distance with DEF code?
I'm 250 miles to my delivery. DEF error started coming on and going out several miles ago, then came on solid, then triangle came on. Then when I stopped here for fuel and shut engine off, restarted and red stop engine came on.

I don't know if I even can, but if I used Calterm and turned those codes off, could I make it to my delivery (which is home too)? Or would damage to the SCR system occur?
replyreply
RE: Distance with DEF code?
Your mistake was fueling. Clear your codes and you will probably get 4 hours. That’s if your def code was for low def, dirty or water in def, or over temp.

It’s a nasty code to clear and may take a regen. I spent a cou-le of hours trying to get one of my trucks home with that problem.

I really need to get my calterm working and let Rawze “check” my factory programming

User's Signature: I'm not arguing.... I just wanna know why
replyreply
 Thanks given by: barf
I've seen the water in DEF light come on before, only when I was really low on DEF, and then filling up the DEF fixed it. This time, unfortunately, whole different problem. I had over 1/2 tank DEF and when I fueled, I didn't even take on any DEF.

I have some really good reasons to believe the problem is the DEF pump, which is getting replaced here in the morning. No, I didn't make my delivery yet. For approx $1500 for the pump, I sure hope I'm correct.

I don't have Calterm working yet either, but if I knew for sure that it would've gotten me home, I would have paid to download it. I'm really hoping to get to Georgia to get my truck looked at. Maybe, maybe not, get some drastic program changes done.

I'm curious to know though, what happens when a truck runs many miles without using any DEF? Other than the ECM wanting to derate, is there any harm that could occur?
replyreply
If the exhaust system starts to become clogged up, it can quite easily cause harm to the turbo (over-spooling it) and eventually cause harm to the engine.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: barf

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.