CM570 oil pan
03-01-2023, (Subject: CM570 oil pan ) 
CM570 oil pan
I hit something hard today running down the road, not even sure what it was. Whatever it was flew up hit the oil pan, the fuel tank, and an air tank. Bent them all. Not worried about the fuel tank or air tank, damage pretty minimal. I don't like the oil pan, need to fix it. What are the reviews on aftermarket oil pans? Are they junk? Cummins wants over $2,000 for a new oil pan. What about a used oil pan? Is it likely that I can find a used pan for a CM570? I haven't had a chance to call on it yet.
replyreply
RE: CM570 oil pan
(03-01-2023 )TerryB Wrote:  I hit something hard today running down the road, not even sure what it was. Whatever it was flew up hit the oil pan, the fuel tank, and an air tank. Bent them all. Not worried about the fuel tank or air tank, damage pretty minimal. I don't like the oil pan, need to fix it. What are the reviews on aftermarket oil pans? Are they junk? Cummins wants over $2,000 for a new oil pan. What about a used oil pan? Is it likely that I can find a used pan for a CM570? I haven't had a chance to call on it yet.

I have an after-market oil pan on mine. - I had to strip its garbage paint job off of it, coat it in por-15 ... then top coat it in Flex-Seal (in the can version, not the garbage spray).. and it will likely never rust out now like the factory one finally did after 1.2 million miles.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(03-01-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  
(03-01-2023 )TerryB Wrote:  I hit something hard today running down the road, not even sure what it was. Whatever it was flew up hit the oil pan, the fuel tank, and an air tank. Bent them all. Not worried about the fuel tank or air tank, damage pretty minimal. I don't like the oil pan, need to fix it. What are the reviews on aftermarket oil pans? Are they junk? Cummins wants over $2,000 for a new oil pan. What about a used oil pan? Is it likely that I can find a used pan for a CM570? I haven't had a chance to call on it yet.

I have an after-market oil pan on mine. - I had to strip its garbage paint job off of it, coat it in por-15 ... then top coat it in Flex-Seal (in the can version, not the garbage spray).. and it will likely never rust out now like the factory one finally did after 1.2 million miles.

Thank you for the information
replyreply
03-04-2023, (Subject: CM570 oil pan ) 
I used a PAI one had a local powder coater strip and coat it for me. Been 8 years in New England with no problems.
replyreply
My rust pan is getting pretty bad , as far as aftermarket brands, PAI is one to look at ? Any other aftermarket brand recommendations? TIA.
replyreply
The aftermarket pans are as good as what you would get from the dealership but 1/2 the price.

User's Signature: Have you checked your muffler bearings today?
replyreply
03-05-2023, (Subject: CM570 oil pan ) 
(03-04-2023 )amermextrucker Wrote:  My rust pan is getting pretty bad , as far as aftermarket brands, PAI is one to look at ? Any other aftermarket brand recommendations? TIA.

I am not a fan of that particular brand of products.. but an oil pan .. as long as it is not too thin of metal and fits properly ... is an oil pan.

Like others have mentioned.. the paint job is one of its most important qualities.. serving a big part on on how long it will last.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
03-05-2023, (Subject: CM570 oil pan ) 
If you want to go the stainless route we have used several from BH Tubes in Pennsylvania on our Macks and they were about 1/3 of the price.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.