need advice
09-14-2016, (Subject: need advice ) 
Sad need advice
I have a cm870 435hp in my 07 9400i. I've noticed that the coolant reservoir is black theres soot in the coolant. I'm not losing water or using oil and the engine isn't running hot or loosing power. I'm trying to get advice on where I should start my trouble shooting. Thanks in advance for any advice given
replyreply
RE: need advice
Injector cup perhaps? .. EGr cooler? --- Oil cooler going bad?

Are you sure it is soot?,... and if so, pressure would be building in the coolant system. Have you pressure tested it?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
that would cause soot to be in the coolant?
replyreply
That's what happened when my oil cooler went. it was overflowing my coolant with black sooty coolant all over the reservoir.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
09-15-2016, (Subject: need advice ) 
Ok thanks!!! I was talking to a guy about it and he asked me about my air compressor. I told him since I purchased the truck 4 years ago I've replace it twice and had to put a head on the compressor once and he was saying that the compressor could be causing it too. Is there a way to do a check on it?
replyreply
The oil Cooler, I talked to Unilever about this during my in frame. Unilever told me to replace the oil cooler, it is located behind the EGR cooler in the block. He stated they do fail and it was best to replace them when I had the motor apart as they do have a shelf life. Not saying that is what your problem is, but relaying what I was told by a man I trust. I have no clue how you would test this system, or if you can.

Pressure testing the coolant system would be my first step and then the EGR Cooler and go from there...
replyreply
(09-15-2016 )jd870 Wrote:  Ok thanks!!! I was talking to a guy about it and he asked me about my air compressor. I told him since I purchased the truck 4 years ago I've replace it twice and had to put a head on the compressor once and he was saying that the compressor could be causing it too. Is there a way to do a check on it?

eh? 3 air compressor(s) failures? -- eh? That is an unusually high failure rate. They typically last about 800k miles (unless you idle the crap out of your engine). Something is wrong. Perhaps constant air leaks?, bad air drier? etc.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
thanks guy!!!! I'm gonna have a pressure test done..And yes I do a lot of idle truck is constantly on for about 14hrs per day 5-7 days a week I have to run a compressor or product pump for unloading.Any suggestions on where I can get a manual for my engine that wont cost me an arm and 2 legs lol
replyreply
(09-15-2016 )jd870 Wrote:  thanks guy!!!! I'm gonna have a pressure test done..And yes I do a lot of idle truck is constantly on for about 14hrs per day 5-7 days a week I have to run a compressor or product pump for unloading.Any suggestions on where I can get a manual for my engine that wont cost me an arm and 2 legs lol

Cummins Quickserve... Register your motor, you will need your EIN.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.