Timing valves
04-30-2023, (Subject: Timing valves ) 
RE: Timing valves
I removed timing and metering valves and inspected per Rawze's video. I really didn't see anything wrong with them. May have saved me a good chunk of $. But my problem still exists. So the injectors have passed compression leakage test, the overhead was adjusted nothing was found to be out of adjustment if you compare paint marks from before to after. Actuators don't appear to be faulty. What's left? Could it be ecm sending faulty signals to timing/ metering actuators? Would there be faulty codes if that were the case?(There are no codes). Can the injectors be bench tested? Is it worth doing that if they can be? I tried to locate a faulty cylinder with a temp gun on the exhaust manifold. Just can't find much of any temp difference. It doesn't sound like a dead miss. It just sounds like things are not quite right when idling, just like the timing is not always quite right but that's strictly a guess on my part. Dang thing runs great going down the road. Honestly it's more embarrassing than anything else on how it sounds when idling. Had straight pipes which make it more noticeable.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Timing valves - TerryB - 03-09-2023,
RE: Timing valves - TerryB - 03-09-2023,
RE: Timing valves - Bengy88 - 03-10-2023,
RE: Timing valves - TerryB - 03-10-2023,
RE: Timing valves - TerryB - 04-30-2023
RE: Timing valves - Rawze - 04-30-2023,
RE: Timing valves - TerryB - 04-30-2023,
RE: Timing valves - Luckyjayb - 05-01-2023,
RE: Timing valves - TerryB - 05-01-2023,
RE: Timing valves - Pd6cas2 - 05-04-2023,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.