Body controller
03-17-2023, (Subject: Body controller ) 
Body controller
So I lost the left rear turn signal on my 08 Prostar yesterday. All other lights work just that left rear turn signal. Checked everything and I believe it's the body controller. It's working today but I Checked the price at the steelership and it's 1800.00.... Has anyone else had to replace one and is there a better place to buy it. Plus it's 165.00 to program it and that's me replacing it.
replyreply
RE: Body controller
sounds a bit expensive for possibly a bad wire or something.

also there is this...
did you replace all the fuses in the panel with new ones yet?... did it any ways, even tho they were all good?;. Prostar body controllers are very sensitive to slightly tarnished fuses even tho they may check fine with a meter.
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid12861

maybe last resort, find one off another truck to try (even if ya had to give someone $50 bucks for trying it) for a moment before committing to such expense for a single light out.

I know that is what I would do myself any ways before spending that kind of moneys not knowing if it will even make any difference.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Ricky
(03-17-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  sounds a bit expensive for possibly a bad wire or something.

also there is this...
did you replace all the fuses in the panel with new ones yet?... did it any ways, even tho they were all good?;. Prostar body controllers are very sensitive to slightly tarnished fuses even tho they may check fine with a meter.

maybe last resort, find one off another truck to try (even if ya had to give someone $50 bucks for trying it) for a moment before committing to such expense for a single light out.

I know that is what I would do myself any ways before spending that kind of moneys not knowing if it will even make any difference.
I went and loaded today and just got back and it worked all the time. I don't believe it can be a wire because when it doesn't work the brake light still works. They use the same wire from what I know. I had a talk with a old guy that I know at the local international dealer this morning. He is leaning toward the body controller but trust me I don't want to have to buy one. As far as the fuses I did have that issue with a trailer turn signal a while back. But I don't see any fuses or relays for the truck turn signals. When it didn't work, the front left and the one buy the door worked as well as the brake light.
replyreply
03-18-2023, (Subject: Body controller ) 
(03-17-2023 )Ricky Wrote:  ...
But I don't see any fuses or relays for the truck turn signals.

looks like that maybe you missed the point of this reference post here? ...

it has nothing whatsoever to do "with a specific fuse"... but all of the actual fuses (and not the breakers) collectively.

In my particular particular case, it was the clock spring acting up (simply due to old fuses that were ALL still checking good!) .. but I have seen all kinds of other ghosts in prostar cab/body controllers due to this same things.

$30 bucks worth of all new fuses (the small 5-Amp or 10-Amp ones that supply the cabin controller itself) that can be had at damn near any truck stop or autozone, might just save you a few thousands of $$$ for a replacement cabin controller, just saying. --- you might get lucky and the issue clears up after replacing all of them.

also .. its a Prostar. Make sure the cab controller is NOT GETTING WET behind the pannels when it rains heavily outside. Prostars are notorious for the dome at the top leaking and letting water run down behind the left or right side internally, and getting the ABS module or the CAB CONTROLLER wet.
reference: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid16882

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Ricky
03-18-2023, (Subject: Body controller ) 
(03-18-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  
(03-17-2023 )Ricky Wrote:  ...
But I don't see any fuses or relays for the truck turn signals.

looks like that maybe you missed the point of this reference post here? ...

it has nothing whatsoever to do "with a specific fuse"... but all of the actual fuses (and not the breakers) collectively.

In my particular particular case, it was the clock spring acting up (simply due to old fuses that were ALL still checking good!) .. but I have seen all kinds of other ghosts in prostar cab/body controllers due to this same things.

$30 bucks worth of all new fuses (the small 5-Amp or 10-Amp ones that supply the cabin controller itself) that can be had at damn near any truck stop or autozone, might just save you a few thousands of $$$ for a replacement cabin controller, just saying. --- you might get lucky and the issue clears up after replacing all of them.

also .. its a Prostar. Make sure the cab controller is NOT GETTING WET behind the pannels when it rains heavily outside. Prostars are notorious for the dome at the top leaking and letting water run down behind the left or right side internally, and getting the ABS module or the CAB CONTROLLER wet.
reference: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid16882
I got you on the fuses but I guess it wasn't sinking in that it could be other fuses causing the problem. I got Dotted a while back and my right rear trailer turn signal would blink and then stop and then try and nothing. I got put out of service. So I started trying to fix it in a parking lot. I dug for over a hour chasing wires. I then remembered what you said about the fuses. I didn't have new ones so I took a fine wire brush and cleaned the turn signal fuses and relays for the trailer. It’s has worked ever since with no issues.
I used to get a small amount of water in a bad down pour while driving. I have sealed everything on the outside. But I replaced the factory visor with a drop visor and I sealed the new brackets really good and I don't get any leaks now. So I guess it was leaking around the factory visor.
I will do the fuses this weekend.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.