870 loses power at times.When it does it has low boost
03-20-2023, (Subject: 870 loses power at times.When it does it has low boost ) 
870 loses power at times.When it does it has low boost
My truck is losing power randomly and when it does I can be climbing a small hill with the pedal to the floor and it will struggle to climb and I notice that the boost won’t pass 10 psi.Then on a return trip I climb the same hill when the turbo is actually boosting normal I climb the hill easily.Also been noticing at idle that the turbo hiss stops which is not normal for this truck and has always come on once the truck is aired up. Vgt box? Actuator? Turbo?
replyreply
RE: 870 loses power at times.When it does it has low boost
Have you monitored turbo position commanded and actual with insite?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(03-20-2023 )tree98 Wrote:  Have you monitored turbo position commanded and actual with insite?

No I haven’t.Going to look at it once I get back running again.
replyreply
04-01-2023, (Subject: 870 loses power at times.When it does it has low boost ) 
(03-20-2023 )tree98 Wrote:  Have you monitored turbo position commanded and actual with insite?

Looking at Insite now and all I see next to turbocharger control valve command is value,units,minimum measured,and maximum measured. Where would I find commanded and actual?
replyreply
04-02-2023, (Subject: 870 loses power at times.When it does it has low boost ) 
(04-01-2023 )Redland1 Wrote:  

Looking at Insite now and all I see next to turbocharger control valve command is value,units,minimum measured,and maximum measured. Where would I find commanded and actual?

on Cm870's there is no feedback from the turbo. It will not be there.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
(04-02-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  
(04-01-2023 )Redland1 Wrote:  

on Cm870's there is no feedback from the turbo. It will not be there.

What should I be looking for with these issues?
replyreply
check turbo arm movement and ensure the controller is not going bad.

also watch in Insite to see what the fuel control state says .. to see if it is derating.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
04-03-2023, (Subject: 870 loses power at times.When it does it has low boost ) 
I’m not finding fuel control state in Insite,could it be on Calterm? If it is how do I connect to caltetm? Never done it.

While looking for the fuel control state on the data monitor/logger I saw that the gear down protection was active heavy load.
replyreply
04-03-2023, (Subject: 870 loses power at times.When it does it has low boost ) 
That’s weird looked at the parameters and the gear down protection is disabled but why would it be showing as active on the data monitor?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.