Loosing coolant
03-21-2023, (Subject: Loosing coolant ) 
Loosing coolant
Hey about a month ago I had the injector cups fixed and the mechanic did not drain tanks so I was continually getting it to happen out the separator. Last weekend had a mechanic to drain tanks and said he got about 4 gallons out of the tanks.it is expected to have more come out here and there he said because of the residual. Now i am still have issues where after my run for the day I come back to coolant being half way low. I had some hoses replaced on the left side of the engine replaced last weekend also. I do notice that the lower radiator hose is wet but no drip enough to be Enough for 4 gallons. I do think it MAY could be of me using heat because of the cold weather we have be having or head inssue. The truck is deleted Cummins isx15 prostar (2014). Any help please
replyreply
RE: Loosing coolant
First things first, you need to copy the program out of the ecm and send it to Rawze so he can tell you if it's harmful to the engine( I'll bet you it's bad!!) Also you need to get a pressure tester and pressurize the cooling system to 20 psi and then you'll be able to easily find any external coolant leaks you may have. If you don’t find much external, then it's time to drop the oil pan down and have a look up at the cylinder's from underneath to see if you have an internal leak ie. Dropped liner, bad injector cup.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
RE: Loosing coolant
(03-21-2023 )Lonetrucker Wrote:  Hey about a month ago I had the injector cups fixed

back to coolant being half way low. ...
The truck is deleted Cummins isx15 prostar (2014). Any help please

A). -- It should be known that there is only about a 50% chance that the injector cup repair did any good. If it does not hold then the head needs replacing (leading to an overhaul if it has more than 450k miles on the engine). "Your mechanic" should have told you this if they were worth their salt. Most mechanics any more are not actually.. even tho they all seem to talk a good game... or "have a lot of out-dated years experience" behind them, making them not understand more modern engines and their specific needs any more.

B) -- Get yourself a coolant pressure test kit like mentioned above. Pressurize it to 20 psi and let it sit over night. Find and fix any leaks found.

c)> Highest priority of all though ... Copy the program out of the ecm (using the calterm software) and e-mail it to me for a proper review. Your chances of the program being harmful to the engine are more than 90%.. and if it is, it will lead to a shortened engine and/or turbocharger life, resulting in some exp$$ensive repairs. Does not matter "how well you think it might run".

I know this place sounds like a bunch of nay-sayers sometimes .. but the reality is that the cards are stacked against most people any more on these more modern red engines.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.