Front Housing Cover Oil Leak
03-29-2023, (Subject: Front Housing Cover Oil Leak ) 
Front Housing Cover Oil Leak
2013 ISX 15 CM2350

In January I had the Rod/Main bearings replaced (797,000 miles). Before I left the shop I asked him about what I had assumed the oil leak to have been my pan gasket. He said no it wasn't. He said that Cummins uses a metal gasket on the front housing cover of these engines and that over time the metal gasket wears on the housing itself (he showed me on that they had removed how it had formed a groove like indention. He basically stated to me that the only way to fix that leak is a new front housing cover.

Not wanting to take his word as truth or false I figured I'd ask here. Obviously if that's the only way to repair this leak that's not going to be an inexpensive fix so I thought I'd get some advise here before starting the hunt for such a project.
replyreply
03-29-2023, (Subject: Front Housing Cover Oil Leak ) 
RE: Front Housing Cover Oil Leak
Depends on if any grooves in it can be polished out. Personally, I have never had to replace the metal parts themselves (the actual cover or gear housing) .. but only ever needed to clean up the mating surfaces and replace just the gasket.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kozakvod

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.