ISX 15 CM2250 fuel pump timing tool.
03-24-2023, (Subject: ISX 15 CM2250 fuel pump timing tool. ) 
ISX 15 CM2250 fuel pump timing tool.
Hello everyone!
I have been on this site reading some of the information and it is a great resource for the small businesses like mine. So, in advance thank you! I have purchased a truck with a Cummins ISX and have myself in a plethora of self-inflicted issues that I am working through with this new to me engine. I have experience with the other manufactures, and the old N14's but this is a fun new adventure.
I am in the process of doing an out of chassis overhaul on this engine. I am installing a new fuel pump. I have come across this tool that is involved in timing the fuel pump tool number 5572664. Everyone seems to be gosh darn proud of this tool evident by the price point.
My question is how critical is this process of timing this pump. I have seen where people are lining up the dot on the gear to the upper left bolt hole as you look at the front of the pump and other possible remedy's but have not found anyone with personal experience with this.
This pump makes high pressure but does not have much to do with injection timing. (I could be wrong) How critical is it to buy this tool and time this pump? I research has come to the conclusion that this is to keep the gear train noise down. Is this correct? Will it damage components? Is there any tricks to do this? Or last, should I just buck-up and cough up the cash for this tool.
Thank you for your time and sharing your experience in advance!
replyreply
RE: ISX 15 CM2250 fuel pump timing tool.
https://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=761
Mr hagg tells all you need to know. I’ve put a ton of these pumps on and never used a fuel pump timing tool. Hell I didn’t even know they made one.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
RE: ISX 15 CM2250 fuel pump timing tool.
(03-24-2023 )Bengy88 Wrote:  https://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=761
Mr hagg tells all you need to know. I’ve put a ton of these pumps on and never used a fuel pump timing tool. Hell I didn’t even know they made one.

Excellent thank you much! That is how I currently installed the pump with it pinned. So it’s good to go!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.