Turbo oil leak
04-01-2023, (Subject: Turbo oil leak ) 
RE: Turbo oil leak
That looks like mine , but turbo does not have trouble building psi.

My CM2350 turbo psi goes to 33psi max and that's only a real hard pull and for a split second if that , once in a great while.
replyreply

replyreply
Put new CAC to turbo boots and clamps on , I also changed the black elbow / boot to the turbo as it was somewhat cracked at the clamp , I don't want the engine getting dusted.            
replyreply
04-02-2023, (Subject: Turbo oil leak ) 
Is there excessive side-play in the impeller of the turbo?... almost looks like it touched the housing there. The allowance is 0.045" max.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Rawze ,

I tried to move the impeller it's very tight. It moves a hair if that.
replyreply
Looking at the picture of the impeller , is that a Crack or is it manufactured that way ?   
replyreply
(04-02-2023 )amermextrucker Wrote:  Looking at the picture of the impeller , is that a Crack or is it manufactured that way ?

that is where they grind the flange for impeller balancing.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: amermextrucker
(04-02-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  
(04-02-2023 )amermextrucker Wrote:  Looking at the picture of the impeller , is that a Crack or is it manufactured that way ?

that is where they grind the flange for impeller balancing.

Question ( maybe a dumb one) is this considered fuel slobber or is it oil ? It doesn't smell like fuel or oil , it's somewhat tacky.

Also do I have something to worry about here, I don't have a problem building boost and exhaust Temps are always under 800 I don't think I've ever gone over 750.
replyreply
(04-01-2023 )Bengy88 Wrote:  I guess we need to know if it’s only leaking out the intake, intake and exhaust, if there is a vacuum on the intake or positive pressure, turbo percentage at idle, does your air filter look like your hands do in that picture, what’s your crank case pressure, do you have a permanent filter, drilled a hole in your filter, or has a squirrel just shoved his nutz in your hood?
Ps. I swear I’m gonna have to request a laughing button for some of the shi#t on here.

Checked drain oil pipe - all clear. Exhaust side also no oil residue. So only intake side of the turbo. Changed air filters today. Tomorrow will just bypass crankcase filter, will do just straight pipe into atmosphere. Need to check in insite - position turbo at idle if it’s any vacuum possibility. Will test blowby with paper tomorrow.

PS. Didn’t find squirrel's nest lol

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.