Turbo oil leak
03-31-2023, (Subject: Turbo oil leak ) 
RE: Turbo oil leak
(03-30-2023 )arazdolgin Wrote:  Tested turbo for 1 hour under 50 psi and no leaks. Attached video below. So turbo is good and calibrated, need to dig deeper. Air filters, piston rings (pressure, vacuum), ecm etc.

Test looks mostly useless.

BTW.. just as an FYI:// the face seals and rear impeller seals for Holset turbo's are not 100% oil-tight by design. The turbo relies heavily on the fact there is no back-pressure in the oil return line vs. atmosphere ... so if there is ANY CRANK CASE PRESSURE BUILDUP in the engine at all.. then it will bleed and slobber .. especially at idle when there is little to no positive pressure on it.

I.E> Almost all bleeding/slobbering issues with turbos .. especially a new or reman turbo .. are due to engine fumes./. excessive blo-by, and not enough crankcase fume relief in the engine .. like clogged crank case filter or screen.. etc.etc.etc.. and a worn out engine. -< it is not typically the turbos fault .. but almost always an engine issue that causes reduced drainage / back-pressure on the return line of the turbo.

I have even had to face this same type of issues with my own truck.. here is an example:
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid59349

Is the exhaust side getting wet?. If so then make sure that it is not coming out of your engine before it even gets to the turbo?... (known as exhaust valve wet-stacking)?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: arazdolgin

Messages In This Thread
Turbo oil leak - arazdolgin - 03-28-2023,
RE: Turbo oil leak - Rawze - 03-31-2023
RE: Turbo oil leak - Bengy88 - 04-01-2023,
RE: Turbo oil leak - Bengy88 - 04-01-2023,
RE: Turbo oil leak - Rawze - 04-02-2023,
RE: Turbo oil leak - Rawze - 04-02-2023,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.