cm870 ISX Turbo Screech Monroe/Charlote, NC
04-10-2023, (Subject: cm870 ISX Turbo Screech Monroe/Charlote, NC ) 
RE: cm870 ISX Turbo Screech Monroe/Charlote, NC
For the curious ...

(04-09-2023 )Magnum1 Wrote:  I've been looking for soot and can't seem to find it anywhere around the gaskets... Is there a smoke machine option that could be used to pressurize the exhaust or that is a poor option as well ?

-= If someone has an exhaust manifold gasket leaking, then there will usually be soot buildup around the head where the leaky gasket(s) may be.

-= If the turbo mounting gasket is leaky and making noise, then there usually will not be any soot buildup on it, as it stays burned off due to the higher heat buildup.

A smoke machine is a good option for checking intake/exhaust leaks, etc. .. but often with something like a turbo mounting gasket, they often do not reveal it. An exhaust manifold can have as much as 90-PSI or more on it under full operating load and boost + produce a lot of heat.

Sometimes, gaskets will not leak until they are hot .. and a smoke machine (also called an 'EVAP' machine) is usually only a few psi pressure.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.