X15 Bad fuel economy and sluggish power
04-10-2023, (Subject: X15 Bad fuel economy and sluggish power ) 
X15 Bad fuel economy and sluggish power
Hello, I mostly looking for validation before I go and spend $5-6000 for a new one box, but my problem I'm having with my 605hp X15 EPA18 in my 2020 W990 is overall having bad fuel economy 4.5mpg vs 6.8mpg and partial lack of power.
I did hit regen limit at 250,000 miles. I did 6 service regens in a row and this restored quite a bit of power. It was slugging way harder then normal. I'm talking doing 35mph where I normally don't fall under 45mph. However I still can't get to that 45mph, it's more of a fall to 42mph. I have insite and a {garbage-can tuning box}. Both installed and uninstalled, there is basically no no difference in pulling power. My buddy has a DD16 600hp freightliner that I use to pull hard and now I get dusted a mile.
With insite, all parameter seem to be normal with the exception of what I believe to be to high of EGT when climbing. I have quite a few hills here in mid Washington to the west coast. EGTs seem to get up to 900f while climbing but there's no codes, no thermal management kicking on, back pressure is 55psi, boost is 32psi. Everything looks exactly the same as day one of ownership and throughout to this incident. Its had a valve adjustment as well to rule that out but I'm still getting no where.
replyreply
RE: X15 Bad fuel economy and sluggish power
Maybe a bigger belt buckle would do it ???

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , SquareOne , Bengy88
First of all, you need to get rid of that garbage-can tuning box that is going to do nothing but cause serious engine harm internally via the horrible injection timing and all the other engine killing settings those idiots are very well known for. -= put the original program back in it that belongs in it from the factory.

NEXT.. someone can do a 100 regens in a row .. and it will not clean that DPF canister the same as removing it (and the DOC unit) and taking them to have it professionally cleaned at an OEM dealers$it for a few hundred bucks.

The engine regen process is only about 2-3% effective at best. It will not, and cannot bring it back to its original state.

To properly clean one back to its original state, it needs to be baked, de-ashed, and then flow-tested on a proper set of machinery. It is recommended to do this about every 2-3 years, and/or about 250k miles or so on them to keep them healthy. Also, be aware that ANY liquid cleaning process it damaging to them over time.. and should be avoided. It washes out the precious metals and weakens them.

As far as saving fuel.. driving it right, driving by your boost gauge and keeping boost limited, etc.. are the most effective things of all. Next, is to do a proper egr-tune-up on it and replace the IMAP sensor, clean out egr piping, etc.etc.etc... once a year to keep the engine healthy, as described here...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=7&pid=9#pid9

Your post also implies that you are likely driving it into the ground with all the power, instead of driving it for better profits and longevity. That is no way to treat your equipment.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne , Bengy88
(04-10-2023 )tree98 Wrote:  Maybe a bigger belt buckle would do it ???

This was definitely a 'lol' for me...

Really the lol started here.."I have insite and a {garbage-can tuning box}".....these damn inserts make me laugh my ass off.... Especially if you read them out-loud.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98
04-11-2023, (Subject: X15 Bad fuel economy and sluggish power ) 
I had remove their last post and to ban this lunatic.

Seems they were h@ell bent on only abusing their equipment in the name of bragging rights and big power like a complete moron. They also "didn't care about profits", as was also stated in the garbage post I deleted.

Ignorance (simply not knowing) is one thing .. but once you let someone know what they are doing is bad ... then they proceed to just argue it away, then that is noting but sheer stupidity on their part.

Some people it seems, are just caught up into their own ignorance so much that they do stupid things .. who knows. It becomes obvious that they are unable to properly care for, and own equipment / run a proper trucking business / for better profit and longevity these days.

I do not tolerate people who abuse their equipment badly and then go about trying to justify it like a complete fool. I do not allow the big-belt-buckle disease and engine killing abuse to be spread onto this place.

Go play super-trucker (stupid-trucker) over on social medai where you can brag about your engine killing tuning boxes and big power belt buckle garbage abuse, over where that stuffs belongs.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , ktblogistics , Carter , marek4792

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.