stuck clutch pedal
04-18-2023, (Subject: stuck clutch pedal ) 
RE: stuck clutch pedal
(04-18-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  if you replace the clutch without also installing a complete input-shaft / replacement kit for the tranny, then the clutch has zero warranty.

you need to also install a clutch replacement kit into the tranny, meaning it has to come out as well.

and while your at it.. it would be completely dumb not to replace the back engine mounts, have the flywheel turned, pilot bearing replaced and all sort of other related work that can only be done with the tranny out of the way. This would also include the main rear structure housing gasket etc. if the engine is old, and it has not been done yet.

Completely agree with everything you just said. I had planned on doing all that and swapping out the tranny for a rebuilt one. Also replace all the u-joints, main bearing and have the driveshaft balanced. So far I've got the u-joints, bearing, and clutch with kit sitting in my garage.

I just wasn't planning on doing that job on my gravel driveway. The clutch is heavy but I can figure out a way to maneuver it into place easily enough. It's moving the tranny out from underneath the tractor that would be the challenge.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
04-18-2023, (Subject: stuck clutch pedal ) 
Ok, took a while to get the damn thing apart but it turned out to be the cable linkage that seized up. Peterbilt part: CABLE ASSY-CLUTCH 06-01521-0965

It seized up with the clutch partially disengaged leaving tension on the cable assembly. Had to remove the u-bolt securing the cable sleeve between the engine and frame rail to remove the tension from the clutch, then i was able to get the pin out and disconnect the cable. Once disconnected from the clutch cross shaft it was obvious that the cable seized. Of course no part in stock locally but hopefully they can overnight it so I can install it tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone who helped steer me in the right directions.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , Rawze , Bengy88 , SquareOne
04-19-2023, (Subject: stuck clutch pedal ) 
Just an aside, but while looking for information yesterday I found this collection of videos freely available on Eaton's website:

https://videos.eaton.com/category/videos/clutch

*Note: while some of the videos are just marketing, if you keep looking they have installation videos too.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , hookliftpete

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.