Injection pump leak test cm2250
04-22-2023, (Subject: Injection pump leak test cm2250 ) 
RE: Injection pump leak test cm2250
(04-22-2023 )Rockinbexpress Wrote:  Squareone that's the right direction. So there isn't away to isolate and pressure test just the pump? Like say cap off all 6 injectors and crank the engine to build pressure then check for leak down?

Not that I'm aware of, but others on here may know something else. Cummins didn't have a procedure that I was aware of when hunting awhile back.

**Here are a few questions that would help give an idea on the pump health...What is the highest pressure you've seen while doing the test? Whats the numeric pressure drop after a minute? Also, what the hours/mileage on the pump? Has anyone pulled the head and inspected the internals? Has the fuel mileage been suffering? What made you do the pressure test in the first place, was it just a preventive maintenance step or is something abnormal going on (i.e. an engine light, power loss, black smoke, low mpg, etc.)

Basically, is this a smaller pressure drop, say up to a couple thousand psi in that minute, or something much more?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Injection pump leak test cm2250 - SquareOne - 04-22-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.