Exhaust smoke
04-23-2023, (Subject: Exhaust smoke ) 
Exhaust smoke
I'm in Montana climbing a grade and I notice heavy smoke coming from the stacks. It seems white but looked dark at times when really thick and also blue as it dispersed behind me so hard to tell what color it really is but mostly white I'd say. I took a quick video that I'll attach. I pulled over 10 miles after noticing this but it seemed to only be smoking when I would be pulling a grade. Even a small grade but when I was going flat or down I could be at full throttle and not notice any smoke. After 10 miles I could smell something burning and it smelled like my DPF. The smoke seemed to go away at times I would be at full throttle and not see anything but then I would be at half throttle and see it billowing out. When I parked my truck it
went into passive Regen for a little bit and I could see puffs of smoke leaking from the dpf can somewhere but there was no smoke coming out the stacks. I sat for 45 minutes looking up shops and found one 4 minutes away so I drove there and gave it full throttle through my high gears and didn't see anything and also nothing when it idles so idk. I have no codes and all gauges were reading normal and nothing sounded weird and there was no loss of power. But something is clearly wrong cus it was pouring so much smoke it was falling onto the highway like a river behind me. The video I took isn't the worst of it but gives a pretty good idea of what it was like.

I'm waiting till the morning to have a shop look at it but do you think it's worth having them pull the head off to inspect?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Exhaust smoke - Josiah Harder - 04-23-2023
RE: Exhaust smoke - Rawze - 04-23-2023,
RE: Exhaust smoke - JimT - 05-01-2023,
RE: Exhaust smoke - Pd6cas2 - 04-24-2023,
RE: Exhaust smoke - Pd6cas2 - 04-25-2023,
RE: Exhaust smoke - Rawze - 04-25-2023,
RE: Exhaust smoke - JimT - 05-10-2023,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.