2021 Peterbilt with a CM2450 with error code 1696
04-23-2023, (Subject: 2021 Peterbilt with a CM2450 with error code 1696 ) 
RE: 2021 Peterbilt with a CM2450 with error code 1696
In the programming, it shows 'supply signal 5' on the CM2450's is tied to ...

* DPF Delta-P sensor.

* DPF Outles pressure sensor.

* Def Pump Pressure sensor.

* Accelerator Pedal (signal #2).

* Coolant Level sensor.

* fuel Level Sensor.

* Remote accelerator pedal (if it has one).

* DEF Pressure Sensor (an optional one).

====

and just because it might be demandated, does not mean it cannot throw a fault for any of those circuits .. as the power feed supply is tied to all of them together. The ecm will not know exactly what sensor it is, but only there is a fault with that power feed .. and it resorts to locking out the accelerator pedal simply due to safety reasons.

I.E.> you may be getting accelerator pedal faults.. but it can be any one of these sensors or circuits, wiring harnesses supplying them that can causing your issue.

For all anyone knows, someone may have cut a wiring harness or sensor harness (that includes one of the sensors mentioned above) somewhere for part of the after-treatment systems, or maybe a wire harness somewhere has rubbed thru, gotten corroded and is shorting out, etc. or some other things.

My best guess without seeing the truck would be that some fool might very well have cut or damaged the wires right at the DPF canister when they removed it to hollow it out.. and now the cut wire is shorting itself out.

Second guess would be the coolant level sensor shorting out in the pigtail going to it or the sensor itself?.

Third guess would be a shorted out wire harness going tot he DEF system somewhere that someone screwed with at some point, or at a sharp bend in the harness under the truck somewhere.

Last would be something related to the accel pedal itself.. as one never knows.

-=-= but those are just random guesses based on the limited info provided.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , Luckyjayb

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2021 Peterbilt with a CM2450 with error code 1696 - Rawze - 04-23-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.