Freight rates
09-15-2016, (Subject: Freight rates ) 
Freight rates
http://www.overdriveonline.com/rates-cou...5c61322811

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
09-15-2016, (Subject: Freight rates ) 
RE: Freight rates
I would tend to agree. Hyper enforcement by diesel cops along with the fact people outside of this forum and others like it....if you know what I mean....are going bankrupt at alarming rates because stealerships are gouging... Perfect storm when you add in ELDs and the fact no one wants to work under that system. You can make trucks but they sit if no one wants to drive them.

Add in Obumer care its really gunna be hard for the bottom dwellers to do their thing. I say wait until after the elections. I have been a little busier but nothing to brag about. All I need is another year and my truck is paid off.
replyreply
09-16-2016, (Subject: Freight rates ) 
I doubt that rates will go up after eld mandate. Companies gonna put team drivers to solve on time deliveries.

User's Signature: Cascadia ISX15 CM2350
replyreply
I have a new bridge over the Hudson FOR SALE.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
The work I do, I can see the rates going through the roof... Unless Hillary is elected. ;-)
replyreply
09-17-2016, (Subject: Freight rates ) 
(09-16-2016 )simon999 Wrote:  I doubt that rates will go up after eld mandate. Companies gonna put team drivers to solve on time deliveries.

I can promise you that will not be the answer. Ask the folks at CF Freightways. We had a driver quit there and come over to us because he said he wouldnt sleep behind another driver. They had to pickup a lotta trucks due to the fact both drivers were in jail because they broke out in a fist fight. Companies have been trying to keep teams and husband and wife couples in their trucks for years......with very little success. That will not be the answer unless we bring in people who are used to living in a sod hut pooping in a hole in the ground.

That plan would work because the two guys in the truck would be afraid of facing our environment alone. Heck.....you already have the Russian cosmonauts from Chicago sleeping together in their trucks.

If this route is taken you can bet there will be hell to pay out here on the highways. I can tell you at least three stories of these import drivers either driving bad equipment or not reading a street sign correctly, loosing control of their truck, and killing an entire family. Just imagine.....get a phone call and find out one of these maggot infested import drivers killed your family.....every one of them.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.