Needed plumbing for Holset reinstall.
04-25-2023, (Subject: Needed plumbing for Holset reinstall. ) 
Needed plumbing for Holset reinstall.
Hello all,
I purchased a ISX CM2250 with a failed engine that was de-mandated with a BG fixed vein turbo. I am reinstalling the Holset original turbo on it and am going to need the necessary plumbing to reinstall this turbo, with the engine remaining de-mandated. Has anyone else done this and what parts do I need to make this engine function properly. if you have any pictures of the turbo area with the plumbing would be great! Thank you all!
replyreply
RE: Needed plumbing for Holset reinstall.
Might be cheaper if you go to a junk yard and get some of those secondary components off a wrecked engine?.

just a thought.

As far as what you need, just register your engine ser# over on quickserv.com. - It is free, and you will have access to all the drawings, parts lookup, repair procedures, etc. and other stufs for your engine just like any stealers$it would have.

I sucks having to put all that stuffs back on after someone makes those kinds of mistakes with the engine like that. I have met plenty of people who have had to go thru that.

Believe me when I say that every single one of those people deeply regretted ever going down that garbage no-vgt road. This, once they finally got the engine straitened out properly, and saw how much better the engine ran, performed, etc. when it was all put back right again and actual proper programming was installed to go with it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88 , Volvo8873 , Ironwagons , cybernetictrout
(04-25-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  Might be cheaper if you go to a junk yard and get some of those secondary components off a wrecked engine?.

just a thought.

As far as what you need, just register your engine ser# over on quickserv.com. - It is free, and you will have access to all the drawings, parts lookup, repair procedures, etc. and other stufs for your engine just like any stealers$it would have.

I sucks having to put all that stuffs back on after someone makes those kinds of mistakes with the engine like that. I have met plenty of people who have had to go thru that.

Believe me when I say that every single one of those people deeply regretted ever going down that garbage no-vgt road. This, once they finally got the engine straitened out properly, and saw how much better the engine ran, performed, etc. when it was all put back right again and actual proper programming was installed to go with it.

Thanks Rawze, junk yards are far and few between in my area. But I will throw the part numbers in google and see what turns up. I have found quite a few used odds and ends.

yes I am sure he regretted it, I have a few of the service records and the money thrown at this engine was astronomical!
replyreply
04-26-2023, (Subject: Needed plumbing for Holset reinstall. ) 
Sent you a PM

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
04-27-2023, (Subject: Needed plumbing for Holset reinstall. ) 
(04-25-2023 )Ironwagons Wrote:  [quote='Rawze' pid='76487' dateline='1682430121']
Might be cheaper if you go to a junk yard and get some of those secondary components off a wrecked engine?.

just a thought.

the place were i go for used parts is Michigan truck. they've have gotten me out of few jams. they can mail you stuff and doug knows cummins parts pretty well
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Ironwagons
04-28-2023, (Subject: Needed plumbing for Holset reinstall. ) 
(04-27-2023 )cybernetictrout Wrote:  
(04-25-2023 )Ironwagons Wrote:  [quote='Rawze' pid='76487' dateline='1682430121']

just a thought.

the place were i go for used parts is Michigan truck. they've have gotten me out of few jams. they can mail you stuff and doug knows cummins parts pretty well

Thank you Sir!
Those places are a gem I was just on their website. I appreciate the info!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.