Code 4796 fmi 31
04-30-2023, (Subject: Code 4796 fmi 31 ) 
Code 4796 fmi 31
Does anyone have suggestions for what to do with this code? It appeared after doing regen. The truck is a 2019 international lt625
replyreply
RE: Code 4796 fmi 31
(04-30-2023 )Tinytink72 Wrote:  Does anyone have suggestions for what to do with this code? It appeared after doing regen. The truck is a 2019 international lt625

Fault code - 1664
Lamp color - Amber
Definition - After-treatment 1 Diesel Oxidation Catalyst Missing - Condition Exists

This is the definition according to Cummins quickserve. Whats the mileage/hours on the engine? We'll need more info on the truck and it's application to help further.
replyreply
RE: Code 4796 fmi 31
start with a thorough EGR tune-up and ensure there are no exhaust leaks etc.

Things like replacing the IMAP sensor, Cleaned out the EGR piping and valve.. replaced the EGR Delta-P and other related sensors?

Anyone bother to clean the Doser Injector tip and inspect it for seepage?

How about mileage, etc?.. what kind of mileage is on those DOC/DPF cans? . When is the last time someone pulled them off and had them baked, de-ashed, and flow-tested?

-- Its called preventative maintenance for a reason. The DPF system does not make soot... it collects it. You must service the engine by doing tune-up work to it in order to keep those exhaust systems happy.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.