ISL 9 2014 opinions
05-04-2023, (Subject: ISL 9 2014 opinions ) 
ISL 9 2014 opinions
hello everyone. a good customer of mine, wants to get rid of a Isuzu NPR and buy a bigger refer truck. i told them to start by looking for something with a , dependable ISB series cummins engine. but right now locally, in my area of the USA. My customer can only find the ISL9 powerplant, in a refeer configuration. can anyone get me the ISL 9s engine millage maintenance guide for when the, engines supposed to overhauled. should i, have to be very weary of the ISL9? ,i dont think its a cummins designed engine, isnt the ISL9 a pacar design?, im not certain if thats true?? can someone explain that to me.

i called the salesmen and asked if i could plug in cummins insite for my customer, to make sure the emissions system is working properly and salesmen neil said "it has a check engine light, its probably just a nox sensor, but hay im just salesmen here at a mom and pop dealership, are shop has been backlogged with work and we just havent been able to get to it." im thinking they will leave the NOX sensors disabled so i wont be able to check the health of the emission sytem.

the truck has 250000 miles on it. most likely city miles. which i know is never good for emissions trucks. i also have seen few ISL9 come through over the years and the always seem to worn out pretty bad already by the time they make to my place
replyreply
05-04-2023, (Subject: ISL 9 2014 opinions ) 
RE: ISL 9 2014 opinions
If the prefix is MX it is the Paccar. I think but don't know for sure that the basic engine is Cummins but Paccar hangs their own operating system on it. Insite supposedly does not work. I beleive that to be true but have never tried to connect to one. Paccar has their own diag software. This is like the Dodge/Cummins deal. Cummins 6.7L with Dodge/FCA/Stellantis or whatever in the hell they are today software. Insite absolutly won't work.

PX prefix is a Cummins. Crazy because you would think P would stand for Paccar. You would be wrong. {insite and calterm will work on it}

Cummins website or QSOL will have all the info you are looking for including B10 and B50 life. Or call 1 800 Cummins. AFIK they are a good engine in a medium application. They are sleeved.

If it has an active code you probably won't be able to run a regen but Insite will give you aftertreatment history, abuse history etc. ECM records and saves overheats, oil pressure issues and several other metrics. Quite a bit of info can be seen, more than most other engines. I don't go that deep very often. I have to go back to notes and a training video to all thats in there. .
replyreply
 Thanks given by: cybernetictrout

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.