Injector Spill Valve
05-06-2023, (Subject: Injector Spill Valve ) 
Injector Spill Valve
I have a 2011 CM2250 CPL3491 in a T800. Getting a message on cluster “injector spill valve”. Only code I’m getting is a 2554 “Exhaust Gas Pressure Sensor”. Truck idles fine, but will sputter on highway when under acceleration. Just wondering maybe If these 2 go hand in hand, just thought I’d have an injector code as well and not just a EGP code, thanks! Im new to these motors so I have no idea about them.
replyreply
05-06-2023, (Subject: Injector Spill Valve ) 
RE: Injector Spill Valve
Is it Demandated?
replyreply
05-07-2023, (Subject: Injector Spill Valve ) 
Someone needs to hook up the Insite software and see what the actual engine faults are, both active, and inactive to see what is going on.

A 'cummins inline-6' adapter and the Insite software can be had on the cheap for about $300 bucks or so these days (places like e-bay, obd2.com, etc.) , and is a must if you own a red engine.

And yeah.. if it is de-mandate (deleted) then the program needs to be roecviewed to ensure it is not part of the problems.. or is causing harm to the enigne, as 90% of all de-mandate programs do.

Lastly, When is the last time someone did proper engine tune-up work on it like replace the exh. pressure sensor and ensure its passageway was not clogged up?... last time someone replace the IMAP sensor?.. etc.etc.etc. .. and when was the last time the guts of the fuel pump were replaced and will it pass a rail leak test as specified in this video: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid75483

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
05-07-2023, (Subject: Injector Spill Valve ) 
Thanks, yes it is Demandated. The Ehayst pressure sensor was just changed about 5k miles ago as well as an injector replaced. It’s only got 152,xxx miles on it. I was thinking maybe a “botched” tune as well. I appreciate the input greatly and I need to get a reader for sure!
replyreply
05-08-2023, (Subject: Injector Spill Valve ) 
Start with getting your demandate checked properly

Then you can check out your other problems
replyreply
05-09-2023, (Subject: Injector Spill Valve ) 
I know it’s a long shot…but any recommendations on a good reputable shop in the North Alabama area, or central Alabama. Or South Central Tennessee. Thanks!
replyreply
(05-09-2023 )Jake751 Wrote:  I know it’s a long shot…but any recommendations on a good reputable shop in the North Alabama area, or central Alabama. Or South Central Tennessee. Thanks!

Nope.. and that horrible shop in the Birmingham area that everyone brags about is beyond go&dd$amn bad!. I have seen a lot of their work, and have also seen them rip off several of their own customers badly in the past too!. -== Whatever you do.. do not even think about going there.

Get an adapter and the software for about $300 bucks or so (an inline 6 adapter kit) + a cheap laptop, and get that program copied out of that ecm yourself.

here are some fine examples of what that area is actually like...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...4#pid46124
and...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid35889

And about a dozen other people's trucks that were initially done in that area that have come to visit me over the last few years, of which I did not bother to make posts on the forum about.

One guy even getting his truck held hostage after an ecm failure for $6,000 bucks by them (them doing absolutely no physical work to the truck), simply because he removed, and then put his own ecm back onto the engine in their parking lot himself, after going to Atlanta to buy one at half the price they were quoting + getting it straitened out over here at my house, and putting the new one back on.

They held his truck hostage, threatened to put a lean on his title, etc.. because "he didn't buy their ecm with their delete tune" after getting his truck towed there off the freeway. The worst part of this story.. is that they in fact are the ones who deleted this guys truck the first time. They were h$ell bent on selling their horrible bad delete to him all over again... and got really pii$$ed when he found a cheaper solution + a way to have it programmed 100% right, instead of the trash they were pushing.

That was early part of last year, .. and it still makes my blood boil every time I think about what they did to that guy, + knowing there are crooks like this out there, taking full advantage of truck owners. - Its sickening!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT
(05-09-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  Nope.. and that horrible shop in the Birmingham area...

Not far from Bham, and I know where you are talking about…thanks for the input for sure! Maybe I can get this resolved!
replyreply
05-11-2023, (Subject: Injector Spill Valve ) 
Thanks, so what exactly all do I need as far as software and adapter and stuff, all of my laptops have windows 11 operating systems also. I was told I couldn’t pull the file and copy and send with insite? I’m just a little confused and don’t want to purchase the wrong things. Going to need in future anyways because eventually we will be running non gliders, as this is the only “newer generation” truck in the fleet, thanks! Sorry for all the questions, just a little confused!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.