Eaton 18spd Intermittent Problem
05-08-2023, (Subject: Eaton 18spd Intermittent Problem ) 
RE: Eaton 18spd Intermittent Problem
Thanks for the quick reply! I am normally hesitant to use oil outside of spec but I do see what your saying. I do believe the current spec from Navistar has 75-90w replacing 50w. When I get my seal kit for the range cylinder I am going to do an oil change as well. Some have mentioned a drop or two of air tool oil at the cylinder to help but that makes me weary because i know oil in the system can cause issues. . Any thoughts?

** Yes its an 09 with 134k but it is a dump truck and does local work, and site work so more hours idling then going down the road. Just over 7k engine hours. I don't remember this issue before the winter so Maybe the truck sitting could contribute to whatever the issue is. There is a chance it is rust or junk in the range cylinder but I don't want to pull the cover to see until I have new gasket.

On a side note the trans is very tight and shifts very well. Even when the quick grind occurs it comes right out of gear and right into the next, no hesitation or trouble. That is what leads me to believe the piston is just not accuating quick enough. Thanks
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eaton 18spd Intermittent Problem - MSPOIRIER - 05-08-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.