Thoughts on power adding harnesses?
05-09-2023, (Subject: Thoughts on power adding harnesses? ) 
Thoughts on power adding harnesses?
I know what you're thinking and before everyone rains down with their opinion, I would like to hear from people who have good or bad experiences with them and how they have worked out in the long term. I have a 2007 ISM500 CM875 in my motorhome. For what it is used for a few times per year {part of post removed by rawze}, I have never wanted to add more power or anything to it, however I wouldn't mind trying a few things to improve fuel mileage. I did have some EGR issues a few years ago with it and decided to try The Ugly Fix on it and it has been working {part of post removed by rawze} since then.

I'm typically not a fan of cheap mods like this {part of post removed by rawze}. Like the {part of post removed by rawze}, there is not alot of reliable info online (most people seem to have zero clue what they are talking about, lol) but thought for the cost it might be worth a try. Again, only being used a handful of times per year I'm not going to spend the money on a full tune from someone I don't trust as ISM tuning seems rare or non existent at most shops and I'm happy with current power levels, just want to try and tweak some mileage out of it if possible. Not opposed to making my own harness if anyone has proper part list for this application, most harnesses online seem to be only for ISX, does anyone know if they are compatible with ISM?

Won't make any stupid decisions on this without having all the facts first, lol. Appreciate it, thanks everyone!
replyreply
RE: Thoughts on power adding harnesses?
If it's the one with the dial on it to trick the fuel pressure sensor so the engine sends more fuel. It's COMPLETE BULL$HIT, it'll do more harm then good! I've used one on my cm870 before I joined this forum and all it did was blow smoke, literally... and permanently cook the injectors.. Proper tuning is always the best path instead of ugly fixes that only cause destruction in the short term...
replyreply
Tune it right, not by a box that tells the computer lies, or leave it alone.
replyreply
05-10-2023, (Subject: Thoughts on power adding harnesses? ) 
(05-09-2023 )Dietzster Wrote:  I know what you're thinking and before everyone rains down with their opinion, I would like to hear from people who have good or bad experiences with them and how they have worked out in the long term. I have a 2007 ISM500 CM875 in my motorhome. For what it is used for a few times per year {part of post removed by rawze}, I have never wanted to add more power or anything to it, however I wouldn't mind trying a few things to improve fuel mileage. I did have some EGR issues a few years ago with it and decided to try The Ugly Fix on it and it has been working {part of post removed by rawze} since then.

I'm typically not a fan of cheap mods like this {part of post removed by rawze}. Like the {part of post removed by rawze}, there is not alot of reliable info online (most people seem to have zero clue what they are talking about, lol) but thought for the cost it might be worth a try. Again, only being used a handful of times per year I'm not going to spend the money on a full tune from someone I don't trust as ISM tuning seems rare or non existent at most shops and I'm happy with current power levels, just want to try and tweak some mileage out of it if possible. Not opposed to making my own harness if anyone has proper part list for this application, most harnesses online seem to be only for ISX, does anyone know if they are compatible with ISM?

Won't make any stupid decisions on this without having all the facts first, lol. Appreciate it, thanks everyone!

A wake-up call......

The problem is that people are beyond clueless about how much harm that those devices do to the engine!!!...

They are ABSOLUTE GARBAGE, ENGINE KILLING DEVICES, AND THAT IT NOT OPINION ... THAT IS FACT!!!!. - They are worse than a bad delete!!!.

I suggest THAT YOU RIP THAT CRAP OFF THE ENGINE BEFORE DRIVING IT AGAIN AND PREY LIKE ALL H#ELL THAT SOME PROGRESSIVE DAMAGE HAS NOT ALREADY SET IN .. AND IF YOU DOUBT MY WORDS OR WANT TO ARGUE ABOUT THIS, THEN YOU DO NOT BELONG ON MY FORUM!!..-- YES THEY ARE THAT BAD FOR THE ENGINE!!!.

(Rawze grumbles under his breath yet again)... Why is it that all these RV guys who keep finding their way here, are utterly clueless?! + seems they just WANT TO ABUSE THEIR EQUIPMENT INTO OBLIVION!. There must be some seriously crazy ignorant RV forums out there pushing or suggesting this kind of crap + all the bad deletes, the most horrible red-neck trash mods, and hack-job stuffs out there!!!

THIS KIND OF ABSOLUTE STUPIDITY IS OUT OF CONTROL ... I WILL NOT TOLERATE SUCH GARBAGE AND EQUIPMENT/ENGINE ABUSE ON MY FORUM HERE!!.. SO YOU HAD BEST BE HERE TO LEARN REAL FAST THAT WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS VERY HARMFUL,.. OR YOU NEED TO TAKE THAT CRAP SOMEWHERE ELSE!!.. THIS IS YOUR ONE AND ONLY WEARNING1!!.

=============

Those garbage-can devices royally screw up the fuel-air-mix.. they screw up the injection timing into oblivion, they put the engine into the wrong engine operating modes, causing the pistons to scrape the liners, causing excessive internal friction, turbo that goes whack, and eat the engine internally.. all while that vehicle owner swears "it seems to run good"./. every d$amn time.. until they learn the hard way a few years later that they significantly shortened the engine life by half or less ... all in the name of utter ignorance, and stupidity when someone tries to point it out to them!@.

External devices, fooling the fueling and other devices externally === CAUSING SIGNIFICANT ENGINE HARM OVER TIME!!!/ THE ECM IS NOT SMART ENOUGH TO 'FIX ITSELF' WHEN PEOPLE DO THIS CRAP!!!.. IT IS BEYOND D$AMN DUMB AS A BRICK AND WHEN SOMEONE IDIOT FOOLS ITS SENSORS AND DATA.. IT WILL NOT CORRECT, OR EVEN KNOW IF SOMETHING IS HARMFUL.. IT DOES NOT CARE!!.. AND HAS NO PROGRAMMING AS SUCH!.

IT SIMPLY ASSUMES THE INJECTORS ARE LEAKY .. IT LOOSES ALL CYLINDER BALANCING CONTROL!!!.. IT CANNOT ACCOUNT FOR THE FUEL BEING USED!!... THE INCORRECT FUEL PRESSURE AND OTHER SENSOR FEEDBACK SCREWS UP THE INJECTION TIMING INCORRECTLY, AND CAUSES HIGHER THAN NORMAL FRICTION, LINER WEAR, EVENTUALLY A CRACKED PISTON, LINER DROPPING, HEAD GASKET FAILURE,.. ETC.. YOU NAME IT... ALL IN THE NAME OF THAT STUPID DEVICE THAT SOME IGNORANT FOOL SHOVED ONTO THEIR ENGINE!.

HOW ABOUT THIS ... I GOT SOME PROPERTY ON MARS I WANT TO SELL YOU TOO... ARE YOU INTERESTED?//>>>???

--- THE ONLY WAY TO PROPERLY DE-MANDATE IT.... is to have a program written for it. - THE ONLY WAY to change the power torque outside of what 100% verified compatible programs that are avail by the engine maker themselves, is to have a program made that does this correctly.

YOU ARE FOOLING YOURSELF AND EATING YOUR ENGINE TO PIECES INTERNALLY EVERY MILE YOU DRIVE IT by doing anything less!.

And yes.. you are right.. ISM or not ... THERE ARE A WHOLE LOT OF CROOKS WHO DO NOTHING BUT MAKE BAD DELETE PROGRAMS, WILLING TO TAKE YOUR MONEYS IN A HURRY .. so my suggestion is that YOU INVEST IN the correct stuffs to DO IT YOURSELF!.

No need for anything special... Get an inline-6 adapter kit for about $300 bucks or so off the interwebs + .. a cheap laptop.. and learn how to troubleshoot and copy the engine files in/out of your own ecm yourself. From there, you can do with it what you want to without having to pay people large sums of moneys for unknown garbage,.. and will have control over how it is done.

What is the exact ISM variation that you own?... What is engine ser#?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.