Paramter changes
05-09-2023, (Subject: Paramter changes ) 
Paramter changes
Anyone in Florida that can help adjust the parameters in my poorly speced 2016 Cascadia? Needs Eaton Smartshift settings adjusted. Currently set to standard, was set to Low RPM progressive when I got it. Not happy with either setting. Engine side I'd like to remove the smart torque and whatever else we can do to optimize it as well as some freightliner side settings.

Almost regret buy this thing. Runs good, no oil use, just poor specs.

2016 (15 build) ISX15 415 st2
Eaton Smartshift overdrive w/2.64 rears. I try to keep it in 9th on the highway to minimize lugging. Pulls ok given how it's setup but this auto shift is annoying me to the point I'm ready to have it converted already. Runs local Florida only, rear swap most likely in the future but not at this time.
replyreply
05-10-2023, (Subject: Paramter changes ) 
RE: Paramter changes
You cannot remove the engines "smart torque" features when there is an Eaton smart-advantage tranny. The tranny itself will throw faults and complain that the smart torque feature in the engine has been disabled.

It is sort of a marriage of 2 evils that need each other to be happy.

The best thing to do (besides removing that garbage tranny and putting in a stick..lol) is to keep the smart torque, etc.. and to have a custom program made that sets the engine power to 485HP, 1790 trq. - that is about as good as it can get with that tranny, and not shorten the life of things.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
05-10-2023, (Subject: Paramter changes ) 
(05-10-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  You cannot remove the engines "smart torque" features when there is an Eaton smart-advantage tranny. The tranny itself will throw faults and complain that the smart torque feature in the engine has been disabled.

It is sort of a marriage of 2 evils that need each other to be happy.

The best thing to do (besides removing that garbage tranny and putting in a stick..lol) is to keep the smart torque, etc.. and to have a custom program made that sets the engine power to 485HP, 1790 trq. - that is about as good as it can get with that tranny, and not shorten the life of things.

I think my biggest complaint is this stupid trans. Never knows what it wants to do. Can the parameters on the trans side themselves be individually adjusted without using the pre-made options? When I had some plug it in last, he used TEXA (I think) which only aloud him to select preloaded tables, which is why I had him change it to standard for now. Better then it upshifting at 1600 rpm.
replyreply
09-08-2023, (Subject: Paramter changes ) 
(05-10-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  and to have a custom program made that sets the engine power to 485HP, 1790 trq.

Can this be done with the emissions intact? What needs to be pulled and sent where if so?
replyreply
09-09-2023, (Subject: Paramter changes ) 
(09-08-2023 )FLdriver Wrote:  
(05-10-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  and to have a custom program made that sets the engine power to 485HP, 1790 trq.

Can this be done with the emissions intact? What needs to be pulled and sent where if so?

yes, power changed within reason can be done without de-mandating one.

Copying the file out of the ecm and e-mailing it to me is all someone needs to do... though I will refuse to set one to unreasonable levels vs. its tier, or beyond what the system under the truck can handle.

Doing so though will promptly VOID ANY AND ALL DRIVE-TRAIN WARRANTY that your vehicle may still have too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
09-12-2023, (Subject: Paramter changes ) 
(09-09-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  
(09-08-2023 )FLdriver Wrote:  

yes, power changed within reason can be done without de-mandating one.

Copying the file out of the ecm and e-mailing it to me is all someone needs to do... though I will refuse to set one to unreasonable levels vs. its tier, or beyond what the system under the truck can handle.

Doing so though will promptly VOID ANY AND ALL DRIVE-TRAIN WARRANTY that your vehicle may still have too.

Don't want anything crazy. Mainly just want to get rid of the different torque levels. When it decides it wants to go, it's good but most of the time it wants to be fuel efficient which I feel it's hurting more then doing good. I haven't owned a truck that was over 430/1650 but I don't think 1450 is the best for my weight. I honestly don't really know what would be best, that's why I leave it to the smarter people.

I'll ask when I go pick up the truck if they can copy it for me.

Esn #79818025
./uploads/202309/post_6331_1694550790_1b42dede87ea3bd48ca0b9fdfdecdb4d.jpg
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.