ISX Exhaust flow
05-10-2023, (Subject: ISX Exhaust flow ) 
ISX Exhaust flow
Could anybody tell me how much CFM of exhaust flow an 600 hp ISX 2250 engine has
replyreply
05-10-2023, (Subject: ISX Exhaust flow ) 
RE: ISX Exhaust flow
rough estimate .. somewhere between 3200 and 3860 free-flow (cfm). - based on old spec sheets of the past for the ISX.

Other Spec sheets place it in the range of requiring pipe sizes of 5" minimum and 6" optimum, for pipe ratings allowances of 545 - 715 cfm, according to its displacement specs.

./uploads/202305/post_2_1683733657_06206dfb7e82ecc27d6f7fcc810539fd.png

The bigger question is why someone needs to know all of this?. Simply put, the less back-pressure in the exhaust overall, the more efficient the engine becomes, and the longer it will last. This is true for any turbocharged diesel engine and not just the ISX.

- I.E.> The red engine maker specifies that 5" piping is sufficient for an ISX-600 ... though 6-inch exhaust piping is more optimal.

Also, the exhaust piping, to be its optimal, should have the least amount of bends, and the shortest length that can be had. This provides the best efficiency. Combine this with Wrapping it (insulate it), and an even higher efficiency will be achieved.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: vcshop , Toolguy
05-11-2023, (Subject: ISX Exhaust flow ) 
I need to fit a muffler to this truck
replyreply
05-11-2023, (Subject: ISX Exhaust flow ) 
(05-11-2023 )vcshop Wrote:  I need to fit a muffler to this truck

I suspected this .. but decided to provide some extra info for those who are curious.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.