Cab Suspension Issues
05-15-2023, (Subject: Cab Suspension Issues ) 
Cab Suspension Issues
Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well and the wheels are turning! I’m having an issue with my cab air suspension. I keep blowing the air bag that supports the cab, blown 3 in the last year and half! I replaced the shocks last time and the bag is already blown again! The bag and shocks are buried in the cab mount assembly and are not easy to get to. Terrible design! Any help is always greatly appreciated! Thank you.
replyreply
RE: Cab Suspension Issues
maybe rust on the mount or something else rubbing into the air bag when it is down?.

maybe the front cab bushings are shot, or torque bar, and allowing the cab too move too much from side to side?.

Maybe the cab is overloaded with stuffs and is too heavy for the air bags?.

Maybe the height is not correct and it is bottoming out too often?.

maybe you are driving it like a bat out of h#ell and the roads are beating the h#ell out of the truck?.

just some thoughts ... take your pick.

you also did not mention what make.model.year truck either.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Sounds like a Kenworth with an Aerocab! Almost always the front cab bushings and shocks, if you're cab is bouncing like a bucking bull. Of course you're gonna blow bags, especially if the above items are non existent..
replyreply
05-16-2023, (Subject: Cab Suspension Issues ) 
Sorry it’s a 2007 International 9200 daycab
replyreply
09-26-2023, (Subject: Cab Suspension Issues ) 
The cab suspension on my 2007 9900i has probably lead to swearing more than any other part of that truck...

I work remotely, and with tools etc loaded into the bunk the poor little bags were running at almost 100psi. Can never last that way.

I threw them away, made a top and bottom adapter plate and now have only one 8 inch bag running at about 70 psi. Problem solved. And don't need special swivel wrists to reach any of the fittings or airline connections should I ever have to replace it, which so far I have not. Adapters are added using existing bolts and can be removed should anyone ever fail to understand why they were added...

Really wish I had taken a picture before installing, but hey, I figured, 'who will ever care about this issue like I do'... I feel your pain. Could say my reply is rather late, or rather just early for the next time a bag blows...
replyreply
09-27-2023, (Subject: Cab Suspension Issues ) 
(09-26-2023 )Hamish Wrote:  The cab suspension on my 2007 9900i has probably lead to swearing more than any other part of that truck...

I work remotely, and with tools etc loaded into the bunk the poor little bags were running at almost 100psi. Can never last that way.

I threw them away, made a top and bottom adapter plate and now have only one 8 inch bag running at about 70 psi. Problem solved. And don't need special swivel wrists to reach any of the fittings or airline connections should I ever have to replace it, which so far I have not. Adapters are added using existing bolts and can be removed should anyone ever fail to understand why they were added...

Really wish I had taken a picture before installing, but hey, I figured, 'who will ever care about this issue like I do'... I feel your pain. Could say my reply is rather late, or rather just early for the next time a bag blows...

There is a decent upgrade kit from 'Pro-Ride' for the Internationals, mentioned in the video I made a long time ago...

part2: https://youtu.be/oGdXZIyHRbk?si=Q9CeY1WP_o7sgAeY
part3: https://youtu.be/zOSrfdTFLwA?si=68cQ_Va31zjojuYl

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.