prostar info center no longer readable and brake lights stay on
02-28-2023, (Subject: prostar info center no longer readable and brake lights stay on ) 
prostar info center no longer readable and brake lights stay on
Anybody had a problem with info center on prostar becoming unreadable? when I bought the truck 1.5 years ago with 250,000 miles on it, itwas abought 75% readable but now I can,t even see the milage. Also started having dead batteries. Found that when the key was turned off the brake lights would come on. Now they stay on all of the time. Unplugged the brake switch but that didn't shut them off. Found the relay for the trailer brake lights which did shut off the trailer brake lights but can't find a relay for the tractor brake lights. Any info would be appreciated. btw truck still only has 260,000 miles.
replyreply
03-01-2023, (Subject: prostar info center no longer readable and brake lights stay on ) 
RE: prostar info center no longer readable and brake lights stay on
Sounds like maybe a flakey cab controller.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
03-01-2023, (Subject: prostar info center no longer readable and brake lights stay on ) 
before you get too carried away, you need to replace all the fuses (not the breakers or relays) in the fuse panel.. even if they might all check out good. it sounds silly, but prostars are notorious for tarnished fuses causing all sorts of cab controller gremlins.
here is some reference to this...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid12861

Prostars are also notorious for letting rain water into the cab controller under the panel too. Causes a lot of cab controller and dash cluster gremlins too...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid16882

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2
Thanks, I'll be doing that today.
replyreply
06-17-2023, (Subject: prostar info center no longer readable and brake lights stay on ) 
late update, replaced instrument cluster with used from vanderhaags. works fine except my milage reading changed from 271,000 to 611,000. must be a way to change that but ok for now. Brake light problem was BCM. bought reman from international. now no signals. brought to international and they did $3000.00 worth of diagnostics only to find out that the BCM was bad. That's what I suggested was the problem to begin with. replaced again and all set now. Also I sealed the cab because the entire left side floor both front and back in side compartment was very wet. Thanks for the info.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Pd6cas2 , Toolguy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.