CM2350 Issues
06-30-2023, (Subject: CM2350 Issues ) 
CM2350 Issues
Hello everyone, been a long time lurker here.. got so much use long time ago when I still had the International with the ISX in it.. especially those pesky AC systems in there lol

Anyways I come here humbly because I cannot figure out what is going on with this particular problem. This is a 2017 Volvo with an ISX CM2350 .. its been de-mandated a while ago (2 years or so now). It throws codes for all 6 injector solenoid drivers not responding or out of adjustment (we opened it up twice and made sure timing is correct) The codes on a while ago but I wasnt experiencing any issues then. Now she is getting slower and slower (low torque and power especially with hills etc) It does get up to speed eventually but you can just feel how underpower it feels. The other code that comes up on the cluster is the lost communication with the J1939 (MID 140 PSID 200 FMI 9) and it will clear but after a few minutes of driving comes back on. When it does activate my DEF gauge drops down to 0 (suppose to stay on full otherwise) With the de-mandate everything was hollowed out and the only thing unplugged was the EGR.. all other stuff remains plugged in. I have scoured through here and read up on some situations suggesting that its possibly something faulty with the de-mandate/tune but thats beyond my expertise of reading the file, etc. The truck can have moments where everything works phenomenally well.. and then times where its just barely limping to get upto speed.

Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated to get me to fix this issue as anyone locally I have gotten in touch with knows nothing about this and doesnt care to even look.

I am attaching the fault codes and my ECM/Calibration info if it further helps to figure out where I need to be looking at.

Thank you and I truly appreciate and value these forums.

replyreply
RE: CM2350 Issues
My first….. absolute first step would be to have the ecm file checked, it sounds like you may be jumping engine operating modes and possibly the wrong ecm cal is in your engine.

I have seen engines with the wrong calibration do this and I’ve had one that the injector codes werent set do this. I would point more towards the first option. If you have to unplug the egr valve after your truck is de-mandated that’s the first sign that it’s a lazy de-mandate and everything wasn’t turned off properly, if they didn’t turn off everything properly do you think they tuned it properly? I would be willing to bet the turbo tables aren’t touched, your timing is jacked to shi#t, and there is absolutely no mode control. I’m not swearing this will fix your injector response codes but it is most definitely the place you need to start.

User's Signature: You can’t buy love, but you can rent it for 3 minutes!
replyreply
(06-30-2023 )Bengy88 Wrote:  My first….. absolute first step would be to have the ecm file checked, it sounds like you may be jumping engine operating modes and possibly the wrong ecm cal is in your engine.

I have seen engines with the wrong calibration do this and I’ve had one that the injector codes werent set do this. I would point more towards the first option. If you have to unplug the egr valve after your truck is de-mandated that’s the first sign that it’s a lazy de-mandate and everything wasn’t turned off properly, if they didn’t turn off everything properly do you think they tuned it properly? I would be willing to bet the turbo tables aren’t touched, your timing is jacked to shi#t, and there is absolutely no mode control. I’m not swearing this will fix your injector response codes but it is most definitely the place you need to start.

I am open to any solutions, I dont swear by the tune that was done at all.. infact it was done more out of necessity when the truck got stranded during COVID and it was literally like lets get this done and get moving to get to the destination.. so I am sure there could defiantly be issues with the de-mandate / tune.. just point me to the direction on how to pull the ECM file and who could check it.. i will gladly also compensate anyone for the help too and contribute to the cause here on the forums
replyreply
I’ll hook to it tonight and show you live what’s going on and help you get it pulled and sent to rawze so he can post about the jackasses and unicorn dust if it is indeed f***** (it’s rather entertaining).

User's Signature: You can’t buy love, but you can rent it for 3 minutes!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98
Most of the time as well. when an engine looses power opver time .. especially after a de-mandate.. the exhaust is clogging up!!!.

Disconnect the exhaust before it goes into the first canister, move it away a bit.. and take it on a test drive around the block. If it pickes up a bit of power, or the boost increases at all.. then that exhaust is a big part of your issue!.

MANY MANY MANY shops will hollow out the DOC canister and the DPF canister.. but will not do the SCR can .. and after a few months t starts clogging up so bad that the engine starts slowly loosing power. Sometimes they miss the DOC can.. but usually it is one or the other.

Also, if your DEF system has fluid in it, then you also needs to check to see if you have a volcano of dried DEF fluid in your decomp tube. If that DEf injector is seeping def fluid.. it builds up in there and clogs up the exhaust just as badly.
here is a picture: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...07#pid1807

-== and yeah .. Assume your delete program is bad. More than 90% of them are.. and very harmful to the engine, its turbo, and everything else.. cutting engine life in half.. all while the truck owner typically swears it runs ok.

Copy that program from the ecm and e-mail to to me for a proper review of what someone did in there.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.