Metal pieces in davco fuel water seperator 2013 cummins isx
06-06-2023, (Subject: Metal pieces in davco fuel water seperator 2013 cummins isx ) 
Metal pieces in davco fuel water seperator 2013 cummins isx
So went to change the fuel filters on my 2013 cummins isx, found metal pieces in the fuel water davco filter housing. Removed the head of the fuel pump, noticed it was updated, no damage found on rollers or plungers(thank god). First issue i need help with is… where is the metal coming from if not the pump? Second issue is i went to reassemble the pump head and now im leaking fuel out of the return line on the back side of the pump as soon as i turn the key. Any ideas as to the two issues? Now that im thinking of it, one of the washers that sits on the banjo closer to the pump might be missing or fell off during removal, can you confirm that there is two washers on that banjo bolt? Only codes im getting related to fuel intermittently is the injector spill valve 3 and 6. Not all the time, dont notice any performance issues whatsoever.
replyreply
06-06-2023, (Subject: Metal pieces in davco fuel water seperator 2013 cummins isx ) 
RE: Metal pieces in davco fuel water seperator 2013 cummins isx
Should be a washer on both sides of banjo bolt, you need new ones if you didnt get them
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
Running a 2013 CM2350 -

I've actually seen some metal (almost like a fine sand collected at the bottom) in my Davco F/W separator as well. Doesn't ever appear to make it to the filter, just settles to the bottom. The amount is very little and relatively the same whenever I change the filter. Been seeing it for the last few hundred thousand miles. Replaced the fuel pump internals and head within the last couple years as preventative maintenance and a repair (head). Nothing ever seemed damaged and the metal pieces continued to occur.

Inside my tanks look ok, but this looks more like fine wear from within something rubbing lightly on a metal housing, not flakes. I get fuel 95% of the time from the same place (T/A) so possibly it's from there pumps? The damn place def needs an overhaul.

Hadn't tried getting fuel elsewhere continuously to see if that changes the outcome.
replyreply
Most of the pieces were small like you described, very shiny silver looking. However there was one piece 1/2 -3/4 inch in size same colour and shiny, but it resembled the pieces that fall off a metal lathe when cutting a cylinder. Super weird. Ill have to check the tanks, I found that second washer it was sitting on the inside of the frame! No more leaks…
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
When I drain my Davco into a black catch pan is when I see it. Almost like glitter. Couldn't see the pieces otherwise. Never had any larger ones like what you described though. Almost sounds like piece of a stripped thread somewhere?
replyreply
06-07-2023, (Subject: Metal pieces in davco fuel water seperator 2013 cummins isx ) 
Have you pulled and cut open your spin on fuel filter? It's a lot cheaper then an Injector.
replyreply
06-07-2023, (Subject: Metal pieces in davco fuel water seperator 2013 cummins isx ) 
also, if you are getting occasional injector leak codes.. then you need to ensure the engine will pass an injector leak test exactly like is described here...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid75483

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Im honestly pointing to bad delete programming, it makes
me so frustrated when most all mechanics will say delete programming cant harm an engine, what a load of shi#t. I bought the truck, the guy deleted it 6 months before that(my only concern with the truck). I just recently got a computer/adapter and programs. How can I extract the delete data from insite? And would you be able to review it?
replyreply
06-09-2023, (Subject: Metal pieces in davco fuel water seperator 2013 cummins isx ) 
(06-07-2023 )Nerv Wrote:  Im honestly pointing to bad delete programming, it makes
me so frustrated when most all mechanics will say delete programming cant harm an engine, what a load of shi#t. I bought the truck, the guy deleted it 6 months before that(my only concern with the truck). I just recently got a computer/adapter and programs. How can I extract the delete data from insite? And would you be able to review it?

Insite cannot copy the actual engine file out of the ecm.. it is totally unable to. It can only take images of the truck settings (basic mileage, etc. data) and nothing more.

Copy the program out of the ecm using the 'calterm' software and e-mail it to me... I will review it and tell you exactly what someone did. good, bad... or downright ugly.

And yes... more than 90% of all 'delete' files for these engine is beyond da#mn harmful, and seriously shortens engine life. It is absolutely nothing to take for granted, or to overlook, not one bit.

here is a related article on copying program ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid72945

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee , Bengy88

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.