ISX CM871
06-10-2023, (Subject: ISX CM871 ) 
ISX CM871
Edited with future update.
replyreply
RE: ISX CM871 55,000 mile total rebuild. Multiple turbos, EGR valves
Just going to let you know that you are on the best place probably in the entire universe to post about this ordeal. Next up your are going to get a rude awakening that you have been totally screwed over royally with this motor as looking at the pictures (that is awesome, gives us something to "see") that your motor looks like it has been sitting in a high humidity environment suffering from (lot rot) that has lead to the pitting that you can see. Seems that the stealer ships and shyt shops have been giving you lies and broken promises while taking your bank account to the cleaners!! that is what a lot of these shops do to everyone. These engines are designed to be ran all the time! and not sit like this one has!

There will be others to post on this thread. Just listen to what we will all have to say or take it with a grain of salt.

This forum is the only reason I have been in business as an O/O is because of this forum.

EDIT:Does this engine had the factory programming and not been deleted?

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
(06-10-2023 )Volvo8873 Wrote:  EDIT:Does this engine had the factory programming and not been deleted?

It has original programming. No delete. And thank you for your input. I am obviously quite upset by all this but I do want to make sure and let it be known that I appreciate all the members here and the wisdom they've acquired and share here.

The question then becomes, if it all gets fixed do I keep it and run it for a while? It WILL have a year warranty for a year on this rebuild from Cummins.
replyreply
Aftermarket warranties are a f***** scam.
But at any point did the egr valve come apart? Or maybe the turbo? And has anyone compared the ecm program to the esn to make sure the correct file for that engine is in it? A tech could have updated SW at some point and put the wrong shi#t in it or it could have the wrong shi#t in it from the factory (we have seen stranger).

Also I would pull the doc and check for foreign material or metals. All of this happening to your rv isn’t coincidence. Something has caused it or someone is neglecting it. Whether it be you or the dealership. “Not saying it’s you” but some shortcuts have been taken somewhere and it’s costing you.
replyreply
Edited for future update
replyreply
You are wasting all of your time and moneys by letting the OEM stealers$its work on it,.. and rape you for all you are worth.

That is all they are trained to do ... is keep throwing expensive parts at it like fools.. then offer you the most expensive solutions over and over.. putting you in the poor house, and not actually using any actual common sense or intelligence there. - There will be no end in sight as long as you keep relying on those completely clueless, under-trained morons!.

Also... like was already mentioned.. you can tell that someone let that thing rust all the h#ell and beyond.. never running it weekly and letting it run all the moisture out of the engine and oil system. It almost looks like someone running it without a proper intake air filter on it too... who knows though.

It is sheer abuse and neglect that got it that rusty, both internally and externally.. and that is not the engines fault whatsoever.

Also.. in those pics .. besides a lot of wear from excessive rust internal to the engine... but not enough on its own to warrant it to come apart.

In the very first photo.. I see the cross-hatching is not even worn yet.. although there is a LOT of signs of rust (and possibly dust/washing out of some cylinders from an inadequate air filter) that has gotten into the cylinder(s) at some point.

Are you sure someone did not flood the engine/vehicle under water once? ... or just let it sit for years and never cranked it?... allowing it to rust up badly?>,.. because that is the only signs that I really see in the cylinder liner(s) ...and around the outside of it.

AFTER SOLVING ANY TURBO ISSUES PROPERLY.. and ensuring the egr cooler was not carbon-packed (see next post below)...

*** HOW MUCH BLO-BY DID IT HAVE???>

*** WHAT WAS THE LEAK-RATE (30 psi air pressure applied) ON THE INTAKE AND EXHAUST MANIFOLDS WITH THE ROCKERS REMOVED AND ALL THE VALVES CLOSED???!

(repeating turbo and egr valve failures)...
and YEAH... ALL THE OEM GARBAGE-CAN FACILITIES.. ALWAYS..ALWAYS.. GO FOR THE TURBO AND EGR VALVE ... FIRST.. EVEN IF YOU ONLY HAD A STUPID IMAP SENSOR READING WRONG OR OTHER THINGS!!.. THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE TRAINED TO DO!!.... WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEYS AND THROW THE MOST EXPENSIVE PARTS AT IT OVER AND OVER IN HOPES THAT IT MAGICLY GOES AWAY BEFORE YOU ARE COMPLETELY BROKE!!!.

You have been living in some kind of complete fantasy land somewhere if you think otherwise about the WORST PLACES THAT YOU CAN POSSIBLE TAKE YOUR ENGINE TOO.. THE OEM NETWORK OF CERTIFIED IDIOTS!!!.. That is the state of things, especially in trucking and with these commercial engines for many years now.,.. and ain't no lawyers going to fix it... because they themselves.. nor any lawyers can't teach them how to actually do things right.

Your mistake was going to OEM facilities in the first place... and an even bigger mistake to try to rely on 'free repairs' due to some worthless warranty that is only going to end in half-arssed repairs, repeating failures, and more grief than if you had just knuckled down and fixed it yourself to begin with.

Those are simply my opinions, no one has to agree. I have them for very good reasons,.. because I see it over and over around here, how people get totally raped and screwed by these greedy, incompetent OEM shops, .. almost on a daily basis.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Repeating turbo and egr valve failures...

WHEN THE FIRST TURBO FAILED prematurely .. DID ANYONE AT ALL BOTHER TO ACTUALLY SEE WHAT INSIDE THAT TURBO ACTUALLY FAILED?/...AND WHY!???,... AND DO A PROPER ANALYSIS ON IT???.... --=- SO THAT THE ISSUE DID NOT REPEAT ITSELF????.

ANYONE CHECK THE EXHAUST TURBINE??>>> to see if it got damaged????. .. something went thru it??....

-= BECAUSE IF IT DID.. I CAN TELL YOU EXACTLY WHAT WENT THRU IT!!@!.. AND SLAPPING ON A NEW TURBO WILL ONLY GET IT DESTROYED IN SHORT ORDER ALL OVER AGAIN.. !!!... ESPECIALLY ON A NEGLECTED ENGINE THAT SITS A LOT!!!.. IT IS COMMON KNOWLEDGE!!!

-= I.E.> The ISX engines .. especially if they sit a lot.. The EGR cooler itself gets hardened carbon hunks built up in it due to .. again .. MOISTURE and sitting a lot ... due to no one ever cranking it regularly to keep all the lot rott it at bay... you end up with all kind of little crystal-hardened chunks of carbon in the egr cooler. Once the engine is run.. they pop out randomly and eat/damage the exhaust turbine blades, destroying the turbo in a hurry. Same thing, they go thru the EGR VALVE AND END UP IN THE INTAKE TOO!!!...

Those damn stealers$its are not trained to actually do analysis properly and know common things like this. They are complete MORONS!!!>

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Edited for future update
replyreply
Edited
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.