Replacing turbo actuator cm2350
06-12-2023, (Subject: Replacing turbo actuator cm2350 ) 
Replacing turbo actuator cm2350
code 2636 vgt actuator drive circuit abnormal update rate,deleted truck
chcecked connector all good battery+ and ground
key off 120ohm towards both directions and 60ohm when actuator connected measuring at nox

have slight film of oil under actuator?
is it an issue?
also lever moves right to the end assume fully open but how far should it move to left
it goes up to the small hole
also where is second resistor on this canbus
one is in actuator? second is somewhere at scr cans (no edit)
somewhere at fluid tank but couldnt find it

actuator dont do anything when powered up
tried other used one works fine code goes inactive

assume cut datalink(canbus) in half with orange connector
have wiring diagram

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: Replacing turbo actuator cm2350
Ok I’m gonna try to weed through this, it looks kind of all over the place.
Oil leaking anywhere at the turbocharger isn’t a good thing, I don’t think the actuator will appreciate it when the oil seeps into it.

The terminating resistor will be in the def harness either near the tank or in the frame rail around the tank. If I’m remembering correctly the connector is blue. But if you have 60 ohms with key off and Vgt actuator plugged in then your terminating resistor is good.

It appears that you simply have a vgt actuator failure and possibly a turbo failure or just a leaky turbo as a result of it and could simply be over thinking it. (not that that’s a bad thing, these turbos and actuators are expensive). There are a few things we have all seen cause a turbo to leak oil such as air filters clogged, boost leaks, bad turbo positioning at idle, actuators not functioning properly, Hell even squirrels sticking their nuts in the hood ;) But I can’t say that I have ever seen these cause oil to leak at the arm. Someone else may have, and I’m not saying it isn’t possible but I’ve never seen it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne , ktblogistics
Oh yea and the actuator arm should make a sweep nearly all the way to the vgt gasket in that picture. There is a plastic gauge that comes with actuators that you can use to measure it for those that don’t know how to check.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: ktblogistics
06-13-2023, (Subject: Replacing turbo actuator cm2350 ) 
Anyone bother to ensure the crank case filter is drilled out?,.. or is a maint. free versions?.

Any crank case fumes buildup in the engine will cause turbo to bleed oil somewhere (and wipe out overhead cams eventually too).

Also.. in any event.. that turbo is bad if it is leaking oil into the actuator like that... and NO those actuators circuit board, etc.. cannot take being soaked/flooded with oil, coolant, or anything else for that matter.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88 , ktblogistics , JMBT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.