New motor time!
10-04-2016, (Subject: New motor time! ) 
RE: New motor time!
Maybe consider adding a Low Oil Pressure Shutoff Switch to prevent oil pump failure destroying an engine.
http://www.longacreracing.com/products.a...rodid=7462
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
10-05-2016, (Subject: New motor time! ) 
(10-04-2016 )yamajason Wrote:  Maybe consider adding a Low Oil Pressure Shutoff Switch to prevent oil pump failure destroying an engine.
http://www.longacreracing.com/products.a...rodid=7462

nice find.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
10-09-2016, (Subject: New motor time! ) 
By pass filter installed.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201610/post_1726_1476067341_7ec076a9bfaa76b1f31391c12a5a0992.jpg
replyreply
10-09-2016, (Subject: New motor time! ) 
By pass

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201610/post_1726_1476067434_b2f8c3c463aa1f40724710f979288fb5.jpg
replyreply
04-04-2023, (Subject: New motor time! ) 
(09-18-2016 )jorden486 Wrote:  
(09-18-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  Then I would construe your original post as very misleading to me to say the least. It definitely makes it look like someone neglecting their equipment to me, because I just see it way too often any more these days. I am also one to quickly call it out so that everyone can learn form that kind of way of thinking.

If you are in fact caring for your equipment as you say,.. that IGNORANT MORON in this case is in fact ME!. I am not afraid to admit it in the least,... but to others that might be reading this,... who take their equipment for granted, driving it around in a neglected state like I see way too often any more,.. I would still call them the morons!

I still have reservations as to so many spun bearings etc. all at once,... but you perhaps also could have included the fact that the oil pump failed in some manner and caused all that damage too, instead of simply stating how bad everything was.

I will move on towards more meaningful conversation ...

-- I have seen lots and lots of trucks that have had oil pump or oil system failures not even make it the 30 seconds that the ECM allows before seizing up and destroying themselves. Stock tuning or otherwise. I think they screwed up when they did away with the old style of low old oil-pressure kill switches. The old type that you had to hold in while you cranked the truck, I forget what they called them. Makes me want to install one one mine. -- Those old type of switches would kill the engine instantaneously as the oil pressure dropped below a certain point. They were very effective in preventing serious damage.

I have to eat a little crow here-I reread my original post and raze was right, it did not portray the right story. I thought I had put the oil pump failed but I didn't, I DID put it in the text message to unileavers.

Never the less as RAWZE put we are on to constructive conversation! Mainly bypass oil filters. I am worried about the heat deterioting the line more off the oil cooler. I have a commercial crimping machine and can make hydraulic hoses but I'm worried about the heat. I have found a site to order stainless steel line with a teflon liner for 9$ a foot. Also I feel 1/2" or #8 hose is to big and will eventually leak at the fittings due to vibration and to much weight hanging on them. But is #6 or 3/8" enough flow? keep in mind this a stinger car carrier so heat near the turbo is a bigger concern because everything is tighter and in closer quarters.

I'm going to try a cheaper method too. Curious on everyones thoughts on Baldwin B164 bypass filter. I have read its 2 micron at 50%. I have no idea what that means. the base is 45$ and the filter is 9$.
Thoughts?

The above was written some time ago, If I recall the Baldwin B164 is about a one quart size filter. The restriction plate hole is inside the filter at the outlet part of the filter. The Amsoil 120 is about a 1 gallon filter. Amsoil say's the 120 is good for up to 1 year or 120,000 miles? Amsoil also has a universal double filter head that will take 2 bypass filters, the 90's, 100's and 110's. I would think you will only get about 5000 miles from the Baldwin B164? Maybe more I would go with the Amsoil 120 filter. How much is that new engine?
replyreply
04-04-2023, (Subject: New motor time! ) 
(04-04-2023 )Toolguy Wrote:  ...
The above was written some time ago, If I recall the Baldwin B164 is about a one quart size filter. The restriction plate hole is inside the filter at the outlet part of the filter. The Amsoil 120 is about a 1 gallon filter. Amsoil say's the 120 is good for up to 1 year or 120,000 miles? Amsoil also has a universal double filter head that will take 2 bypass filters, the 90's, 100's and 110's. I would think you will only get about 5000 miles from the Baldwin B164? Maybe more I would go with the Amsoil 120 filter. How much is that new engine?

its easy to find out how long the bypass filter is going to last.
here is an old post on this:
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...95#pid9595

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.