New motor time!
09-18-2016, (Subject: New motor time! ) 
RE: New motor time!
(09-18-2016 )Pro Star Cummins Wrote:  Waterloo ,Not knocking the removal of said mandate.
A truck dealer is a salesman , they can play with the numbers
To make it come out the way they want. They can include reinstalling
Mandate and make the numbers work to make you feel like you
Got a deal.

I do not feel that $35,000 is a good deal, and I do not want a payment. Just stating what was offered to me for a mandate free truck.
replyreply
(09-18-2016 )jorden486 Wrote:  I will address a few things but mainly this ^. I have done nothing but show everyone on here and associated with RAWZE respect, and quite frankly this is offensive. You don't know me or what my maintenance schedules and beliefs are. I don't believe bottom ends are problems. I have rebuilt 12 ISX's of my own in my own shop and seen what they look like with my own eyes. 6 of which had over a million miles on them. NONE had bottom end issues. All but one had excessive blow by which clogged the oil filters(knowing now thanks to RAWZE what causes this).

This particular truck was EXTREMELY well taken care of from DAY 1. Oil changed every 12-15k overhead done every 100k never overreved or over heated. I had the EGR hooked up for the first 500k(Extended warranty and not knowing the damage it does)
At 1.2 mil it ran like an absolute clock. Not a miss or a drop of oil usage. I knew an inframe was close but figured it would start clogging the filter and then we would know it was time.

The oil pump failed in Utah and for some reason the oil shut down didn't activate-It was not IGNORANT ABUSE or a MORON NEGLECTING EQUIPMENT. Its certainly your right to think I pushed it to long but I haven't read many other accounts on here of oil pump failures.

Other concerns- I have a crank to put in the core to return it and cummins said not to worry about the block-they will take it as is. Time will tell I guess.

Then I would construe your original post as very misleading to me to say the least. It definitely makes it look like someone neglecting their equipment to me, because I just see it way too often any more these days. I am also one to quickly call it out so that everyone can learn from that kind of way of thinking.

If you are in fact caring for your equipment as you say,.. that IGNORANT MORON in this case is in fact ME!. I am not afraid to admit it in the least,... but to others that might be reading this,... who take their equipment for granted, driving it around in a neglected state like I see way too often any more,.. I would still call them the morons!

I still have reservations as to so many spun bearings etc. all at once,... but you perhaps also could have included the fact that the oil pump failed in some manner and caused all that damage too, instead of simply stating how bad everything was.

I will move on towards more meaningful conversation ...

-- I have seen lots and lots of trucks that have had oil pump or oil system failures not even make it the 30 seconds that the ECM allows before seizing up and destroying themselves. Stock tuning or otherwise. I think they screwed up when they did away with the old style of low old oil-pressure kill switches. The old type that you had to hold in while you cranked the truck, I forget what they called them. Makes me want to install one one mine. -- Those old type of switches would kill the engine instantaneously as the oil pressure dropped below a certain point. They were very effective in preventing serious damage.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
I used a low oil pressure warning light sensor switch connected to a relay on my dragsters...motors were just too pricey to destroy...but the wiring system consisted of;
Ignition on/off
Gauge power supply on/off
Battery pack, no charging system
The Data Logger had its own power supply
So it was very simple to install, the starter was external so we had to crank the motor for a couple of seconds to produce sufficient oil pressure to turn on the ignition...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
(09-18-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(09-18-2016 )Pro Star Cummins Wrote:  Maybe off subject , but parts man at cummins said that
Truck dealers won't take trucks in on trade if they can't
Do a regen. They need to be fixed first. Money making
Deal for cummins with their overpriced parts.

My International dealer keeps wanting me to trade in my truck for a new one... They know I have the mandate removed, did my in frame too, they are really impressed with Rawze's work. But, I have to much invested in this thing to let it go, and then I would have to remove the mandate on a new truck, and have a truck payment of $2000+ a month... I'll keep my truck, not much left to replace and it has a clear title, no payments... Oh, they offered me $35,000 for mine.
The K.W dealer up here in spokane told me they would take a de mandated truck on trade, they can sell it as a off road application is all. It's all in how they market it .
Cummins Northwest also told me they can service one but they just can't flash the ecm so I think people over react to this stuff.
replyreply
(09-18-2016 )dbl overdrive Wrote:  
(09-18-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(09-18-2016 )Pro Star Cummins Wrote:  Maybe off subject , but parts man at cummins said that
Truck dealers won't take trucks in on trade if they can't
Do a regen. They need to be fixed first. Money making
Deal for cummins with their overpriced parts.

My International dealer keeps wanting me to trade in my truck for a new one... They know I have the mandate removed, did my in frame too, they are really impressed with Rawze's work. But, I have to much invested in this thing to let it go, and then I would have to remove the mandate on a new truck, and have a truck payment of $2000+ a month... I'll keep my truck, not much left to replace and it has a clear title, no payments... Oh, they offered me $35,000 for mine.
The K.W dealer up here in spokane told me they would take a de mandated truck on trade, they can sell it as a off road application is all. It's all in how they market it .
Cummins Northwest also told me they can service one but they just can't flash the ecm so I think people over react to this stuff.

I've been told by a few placed that they will not take a demandate truck in. same shops that refuse to do gliders cause it's too grey area.

I also know of certain Cummins shops that will and some that won't work on them. shi#t I think hammer said Edmonton black listed him and won't take his calls anymore.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
(09-18-2016 )jorden486 Wrote:  
(09-18-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  I will call it like I see it -- I hope it pisses you off and makes you WAKE THE FFF UP!!!

WHAT KIND OF IGNORANT DAMN MORON NEGLECTS THEIR EQUIPMENT THIS BADLY!!!!??!?!?!???

THERE IS NO WAY IN ffff HELL THAT IT COULD GET THAT BAD ALL IN ONE SHOT!!!!!!

THAT IS SHEER IGNORANT NEGLECT!!! -- I HOPE YOU LEARNED SOMETHING FROM THAT -- LIKE REPLACING RODS AND MAINS AT 900K LIKE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO -- AND INSPECTING EVERYTHING REGULARLY, CHECKING VALVE STEM HEIGHT, AND REPLACING THE HEAD AS IT WEARS OUT ALONG WITH THE RODA AND MAINS! -- CHECKING THINGS MORE AND MORE OFTEN ESPECIALLY AS IT GETS OLDER AND SHOWS INCREASED WEAR!!!----

WHAT BLATANT IGNORANT ABUSE!!! PERIOD! -- THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR IT AND NOW YOU ARE LOOKING AT 2X MORE MONEY OUT OF YOUR POCKET LIKE AN IGNORANT FOOL!

There is no money in jumping over a dollar to grab a dime!.
I will address a few things but mainly this ^. I have done nothing but show everyone on here and associated with RAWZE respect, and quite frankly this is offensive. You don't know me or what my maintenance schedules and beliefs are. I don't believe bottom ends are problems. I have rebuilt 12 ISX's of my own in my own shop and seen what they look like with my own eyes. 6 of which had over a million miles on them. NONE had bottom end issues. All but one had excessive blow by which clogged the oil filters(knowing now thanks to RAWZE what causes this).

This particular truck was EXTREMELY well taken care of from DAY 1. Oil changed every 12-15k overhead done every 100k never overreved or over heated. I had the EGR hooked up for the first 500k(Extended warranty and not knowing the damage it does)
At 1.2 mil it ran like an absolute clock. Not a miss or a drop of oil usage. I knew an inframe was close but figured it would start clogging the filter and then we would know it was time.

The oil pump failed in Utah and for some reason the oil shut down didn't activate-It was not IGNORANT ABUSE or a MORON NEGLECTING EQUIPMENT. Its certainly your right to think I pushed it to long but I haven't read many other accounts on here of oil pump failures.

Other concerns- I have a crank to put in the core to return it and cummins said not to worry about the block-they will take it as is. Time will tell I guess.

First......ya know Rawze.....he didnt read "How to Win Friends and Influence People"...enough said.

Second.....I would tend to agree with Rawze on doing bearings. I frankly believe in the logic you used concerning the way the engine was performing at 1.2 mil and just running with it because I plan to run mine to that point. If you saw what my rods and mains looked like as well as some others Ive seen you wouldnt chance running them past 800k....heck....I would say 700k.

I am taking a calculated risk but I definately didnt want to try it on the stock rods and mains. I replaced my oil pump too. I run light on my oil changes too.

Try not to take offence.....even when its justified. Ive been where your at with Rawze. I just take it with a grain of salt.

User's Signature: Its easier to maintain than to attain.
replyreply
God, you would not believe how many times I've heard mechanics play the same old song. I say do the rods and mains.

They say what's your oil pressure

I tell them

they say then don't do them

I say, YOUR A FUCKING IDIOT, I told you what to do, didn't ask your opinion and if that's what your opinion is the please refer to my first statement. If your oil pressures down your already causing damage, that's why it's called preventative maintenance.

I literally just had this conversation with a coworker with the same truck as me today. Told him I was about to do mine, he said he's gonna wait cause his mechanic said no need till oil pressure is down.

These are usually the same retards crying because they have no core to return later while buyig a recon.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
(09-18-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  Then I would construe your original post as very misleading to me to say the least. It definitely makes it look like someone neglecting their equipment to me, because I just see it way too often any more these days. I am also one to quickly call it out so that everyone can learn form that kind of way of thinking.

If you are in fact caring for your equipment as you say,.. that IGNORANT MORON in this case is in fact ME!. I am not afraid to admit it in the least,... but to others that might be reading this,... who take their equipment for granted, driving it around in a neglected state like I see way too often any more,.. I would still call them the morons!

I still have reservations as to so many spun bearings etc. all at once,... but you perhaps also could have included the fact that the oil pump failed in some manner and caused all that damage too, instead of simply stating how bad everything was.

I will move on towards more meaningful conversation ...

-- I have seen lots and lots of trucks that have had oil pump or oil system failures not even make it the 30 seconds that the ECM allows before seizing up and destroying themselves. Stock tuning or otherwise. I think they screwed up when they did away with the old style of low old oil-pressure kill switches. The old type that you had to hold in while you cranked the truck, I forget what they called them. Makes me want to install one one mine. -- Those old type of switches would kill the engine instantaneously as the oil pressure dropped below a certain point. They were very effective in preventing serious damage.

I have to eat a little crow here-I reread my original post and raze was right, it did not portray the right story. I thought I had put the oil pump failed but I didn't, I DID put it in the text message to unileavers.

Never the less as RAWZE put we are on to constructive conversation! Mainly bypass oil filters. I am worried about the heat deterioting the line more off the oil cooler. I have a commercial crimping machine and can make hydraulic hoses but I'm worried about the heat. I have found a site to order stainless steel line with a teflon liner for 9$ a foot. Also I feel 1/2" or #8 hose is to big and will eventually leak at the fittings due to vibration and to much weight hanging on them. But is #6 or 3/8" enough flow? keep in mind this a stinger car carrier so heat near the turbo is a bigger concern because everything is tighter and in closer quarters.

I'm going to try a cheaper method too. Curious on everyones thoughts on Baldwin B164 bypass filter. I have read its 2 micron at 50%. I have no idea what that means. the base is 45$ and the filter is 9$.
Thoughts?
replyreply
I've got one of them amsoil that I have yet to put on but it's pissing me off as it hangs too low so it can't be mounted near the engine. I'm mounting it father back.

I am picking up a spinner 2 996 which mounts upwards and that's going near the motor. going to run braided near the turbo then tap into a adapter fitting where I then run cheaper hoe the rest of the way.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.