Helping Nilao out with an inframe ...
05-07-2017, (Subject: Helping Nilao out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping Nilao out...
Rawze many thanks for your help and friendship! For everybody else who will meet him in the near future I wish recommend to be patient, he does has some salty words to say when you're wrong so don't panic that's not the end. It was a great experience to meet you and your family, have one of the best bbq stakes and beer all day long. Thank you for having me as a guest and tune up my truck!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
09-11-2018, (Subject: Helping Nilao out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping Nilao out with an inframe ...
Where to get complete information on liner replacement for an early model 2000 ISX-475 cm570, with 1.4 on the clock.
Am using Mahle liners.
I've read about brass shims and liner protrusion and other terms that get thrown about, but desire something more than bits and pieces of information.
I desire a tutorial if you will???
replyreply
(09-11-2018 )Diesel_Pusher Wrote:  Where to get complete information on liner replacement for an early model 2000 ISX-475 cm570, with 1.4 on the clock.
Am using Mahle liners.
I've read about brass shims and liner protrusion and other terms that get thrown about, but desire something more than bits and pieces of information.
I desire a tutorial if you will???

My youtube channel has lots of videos on re-building the ISX and a lot of info on liner height, counter-boring, shims, etc. It isn't a tutorial but explains a lot about it anyways.

Quickserv.com has the official procedures if anyone wants to know more. The only real main differences recommended on this forum vs the official procedures is a compressed liner height of 0.014" instead of the 0.007" - 0.010" in the quickserv guide. The taller height has been proven time and again to be more reliable than what quickserv says.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I'll 2nd Rawze's inframe videos. They're a must watch if you've never tore into one of these before.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.