Helping Nilao out with an inframe ...
09-23-2016, (Subject: Helping Nilao out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping Nilao out...
(09-23-2016 )in2trux Wrote:  Are you going to get a gearhead tune while you're there?
Please give the crew my regards,
Our truck is running great! Coming up on 20k miles since the overhaul,
ready for the 3rd oil change, even though it still looks fresh.

Sorry for the slight hijack Rawze...

Rawze Wrote:He is not at gearheads, he is at my house in atlanta.

After listening to you guys discuss @M^M*2 last w/end on mumble, having issues swapping my turbo, then having a strange whistling sound on the way out to Baltimore, and me being the overly cautious type, I took advantage of the proximity to {shop name removed. no longer recommended} and left the 16' W 165,000lb load at the docks & bounced out to ... for a little face to face education and discussion...along with a slightly modified to my line of work, correctly massaged CPL/AV tune uploaded into my ECM...
It was a good day!

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
09-23-2016, (Subject: Helping Nilao out with an inframe ... ) 
(09-23-2016 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(09-23-2016 )in2trux Wrote:  Are you going to get a gearhead tune while you're there?
Please give the crew my regards,
Our truck is running great! Coming up on 20k miles since the overhaul,
ready for the 3rd oil change, even though it still looks fresh.

Sorry for the slight hijack Rawze...

Rawze Wrote:He is not at gearheads, he is at my house in atlanta.

After listening to you guys discuss @M^M*2 last w/end on mumble, having issues swapping my turbo, then having a strange whistling sound on the way out to Baltimore, and me being the overly cautious type, I took advantage of the proximity to {shop name removed. no longer recommended} and left the 16' W 165,000lb load at the docks & bounced out to ... for a little face to face education and discussion...along with a slightly modified to my line of work, correctly massaged CPL/AV tune uploaded into my ECM...
It was a good day!

Did Gearhead blow his E Cigarette smoke at ya? He was hitting that thing hard when I saw him a couple of months ago....lol
replyreply
09-24-2016, (Subject: Helping Nilao out with an inframe ... ) 
(09-23-2016 )preacherboy24 Wrote:  Did Gearhead blow his E Cigarette smoke at ya? He was hitting that thing hard when I saw him a couple of months ago....lol

Ha, yeah he's using it...good on him though, if it helps him quit and he's healthier and happier for it, rock on man!

Now, if only there was something to help wean me off of diesel fumes, maybe I could change careers and actually have a life!

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
(09-23-2016 )Hammerhead Wrote:  After listening to you guys discuss @M^M*2 last w/end on mumble, having issues swapping my turbo, then having a strange whistling sound on the way out to Baltimore, and me being the overly cautious type, I took advantage of the proximity to {shop name removed. no longer recommended} and left the 16' W 165,000lb load at the docks & bounced out to ... for a little face to face education and discussion...along with a slightly modified to my line of work, correctly massaged CPL/AV tune uploaded into my ECM...
It was a good day!

I said what I said over there on purpose. I knew you were listening. Doing your own tuning is not nearly as good as having it done by someone who can check the entire truck/engine out and dial it all in correctly. It is also not for those who are not so computer savvy. You made a wise choice.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Day 9 (Saturday)...

So, today's progress is as follows. We got the liners down to .014 and installed. The harmonic balancer installed, the air compressor installed, and I put in the updated oil pressure relief valve in the filter housing.

./uploads/201609/post_1037_1474759014_047942fd8e40cccfe0a21bf32a1797a6.jpeg
replyreply
./uploads/201609/post_1037_1474759303_1ce38e3481b8fca963c250a11463fd02.jpeg
replyreply
./uploads/201609/post_1037_1474759371_4710dfed6ac739755bb2130da64f5a4e.jpeg
replyreply

How hard was it to get off?
replyreply
The pulley was the hard part. We had to put a 3 jaw puller on it and hit between it and the balancer with a metal chisel while heating it with a torch. The balancer itself came of with a pry bar and a few smacks with a 2.5 lb hammer.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.