Helping Nilao out with an inframe ...
09-24-2016, (Subject: Helping Nilao out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping Nilao out...
(09-24-2016 )Nilao Wrote:  The pulley was the hard part. We had to put a 3 jaw puller on it and hit between it and the balancer with a metal chisel while heating it with a torch. The balancer itself came of with a pry bar and a few smacks with a 2.5 lb hammer.

That sounds a little tougher than mine was...can't remember who's sig line it is, but I couldn't agree more with this particular part, copper coat anti-seize the crap out of it! You'll love yourself if you're the next poor bastard to have to change it down the line

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
09-27-2016, (Subject: Helping Nilao out with an inframe ... ) 
Day 10 (Sunday)...

Did the main bearings. Then Rawze decided to throw a mini - party and everyone got so drunk that they could not stand up any more.

Day 11 (Monday)...
Hangover lol -- No seriously, Went and got oil pan welded up and got the overhaul kit. Got the pistons installed and torqued the rods. Good to go there.

had some of Rawze's home cooking. Spagetti. Was grweat with a hint of BBQ taste in it. Lots of meatballs too. I guess it was his last solid meal for the week? (see below)

Day 12 (Tuesday)...

Rawze went and got 13 of his teeth pulled out of his head. They gave him some Adrenaline and codine and he has been feeling no pain/ bouncing off the walls here. I think he even tried to hump a tree. Everyone watch out, he might be answering things on the forum sideways over next few days. LOL

Spent the day cleaning up parts for reassembly while Rawze recovers. Hopefully we can mount the head tomorrow if he feels up to it.
replyreply
09-30-2016, (Subject: Helping Nilao out with an inframe ... ) 
Too damn tired to post much. Will say over the last couple days it's been long hours. Going to post some pics and call it a day.
replyreply
./uploads/201610/post_1037_1475291061_64867c0f942c87dd34e47a41e4358aac.jpeg
My pretty new head
replyreply
./uploads/201610/post_1037_1475292085_1c045ced6e01a4aba09f0a66acd5d992.jpeg
Finally have the head on
replyreply
./uploads/201610/post_1037_1475292178_c0462a735c8adf67c41906d7302d0bc4.jpeg
Such a pretty red
replyreply
10-05-2016, (Subject: Helping Nilao out with an inframe ... ) 
Day 13 - 15 (Wednesday - Friday)...

He got a lot of the engine back together. The head, etc. got the cams and rollers and rockers cleaned up and flushed out.

Day 16 (Saturday)...

Saturday we all took a break and went to the Atlanta Maker Fair. It was a blast and Rawze(me) got some cool ideas of some gadgets etc. Preacherboy would have love it I think.

Day 17 (Monday)...

Got engine back together, radiator, hood, all back in place and fired it up. Runs so smooth that you cannot even feel any vibrations in it. Damn it sounds good!.

Day 18 (Tuesday)...

He did some running around town with it and replaced his brakes and then took a load out to Mississippi. We enjoyed his company and all seems good so far. Maybe he will chime in over the next few days and let us all know how it is going.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
10-11-2016, (Subject: Helping Nilao out with an inframe ... ) 
I'll be updating this thread shortly. Have to get hooked into wifi to upload several photos at once.
replyreply
10-11-2016, (Subject: Helping Nilao out with an inframe ... ) 
Wow, that's great. Good luck.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.