Helping Nilao out with an inframe ...
09-23-2016, (Subject: Helping Nilao out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping Nilao out...
(09-23-2016 )Hammerhead Wrote:  Since I didn't do my last inframe, and I'm still finding little things they overlooked, I have never measured the thickness of a new head ISX head gasket. Can you please explain how the .015 liner protrusion became the desired optimum?

Also, where did you get your counterbore cutter from? When I have a couple spare shekels I'd like to order one for the inevitable.

Liner height is based on experience with them, nothing else. We set it a bit high because of the brass shimms, and we also know that up to about 17 will work, and is required on competition engines for them to not drop a liner at 1,000 HP.

Here is the counter-bore tool I use...
./uploads/201609/post_2_1474680102_60eea1c9de3572babbbd3e113fa64cbd.jpg
https://www.apexinds.com/tools/M50145.html

===============

Day 8 (Friday)...

Counter-bored the other 3 cylinders and cleaned up the holes. Installed the new liners without the seals to check height, and determined the new liners are taller than the old ones were when seated. They are at 0.017" and I consider that a bit too high. We will re-counter-bore it tomorrow and lower them another 0.002" if it does not rain on us.

Nilao also painted the new air compressor and new crank shaft damper, and replaced the crank position sensor.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Vin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Helping Nilao out... - Rawze - 09-23-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.