2006 CM870 high EGTs
07-16-2023, (Subject: 2006 CM870 high EGTs ) 
RE: 2006 CM870 high EGTs
I need to work on so some of the things you mentioned
I’ll reply to as many as I can.
The EGTs won’t stop going up if I don’t soft petal when I hit a 1000 degs I usually grab a gear to get the RPMs up, but will still have to be gentle on the petal to not turn the warning lights on.
I do not have an oil temp gauge on the dash. I need to add one.
The muffler is not clogged, it is just a hollowed out resonator. Coming off the turbo though it is 4” pipe that runs for about 4’ until it converts to 5”. I’m going to change that to 5” right off the turbo.
I’ve never thought of the gearing as being a problem, the truck does have 3.55s with a 13 speed. It turns 1500 at 75 in 13th, or around 1750 at 70 in 12th.
A new egr was installed about 70,000 mile ago, and i followed your recommendations for the tune up. Both timing actuators have been replaced in the last month. Fuel actuators have 425,000 on them.
Turbo initially will his around 34 pound of boost, then immediately falls off to 30 lbs and stay there.
Intake pressure sensor and intake temp sensor has been cleaned but not replaced. Exhaust pressure sensor is new.
Charge air cooler is new with this rebuild, approximately 2500 mile, I’m not not for sure of the brand, it was bought though Kenworth. Charge air cooler and boots were all pressure tested, I don’t think the intake was. The truck has the factory intake, although is does have an aftermarket exhaust manifold. The delta p shouldn’t be in play now.

I haven’t done an injector an injector bleed down test. I just watched you video, and will order what’s needed. I also need to check the thermostat housing.
Thanks for your help
Jeff
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
2006 CM870 high EGTs - JBaird - 07-16-2023,
RE: 2006 CM870 high EGTs - JBaird - 07-16-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.