Anyone in Detroit/Toledo area? We have openings...
09-18-2016, (Subject: Anyone in Detroit/Toledo area? We have openings... ) 
Anyone in Detroit/Toledo area? We have openings...
Hey guys, my travel agent is looking for one or two O/O to add to our tiny fleet. Best if you live in Detroit/Toledo area. We mainly run Michigan, Ohio and Indiana. Bulk of the work is in Detroit and surrounding areas. We pay a 70/30 split, no fees on anything, new trailers with no rent, Comdata fuel cards, no fees and any discounts passed on to owner, or you can pay cash. There is an escrow of $2500 that is taken out weekly at $125. We run paper logs.

We are a Canadian based company, and we DO NOT go into Canada. You must be a US citizen to work out of our office. If you are Canadian we are hiring in the Windsor office, and you will cross over into the states, pay is the same, and they have a very low turnover rate there too.

We haul expedite automotive freight for GM, Ford, Chrysler, Honda and the suppliers. Most loads are under 1000 lbs, usually nothing more than a few skids. Rare to have a full trailer load, which are normally around 8,000 to 15,000 lbs. Turn around times at the docks are normally around 30 to 45 minutes if not less. I will normally haul 15 to 20 loads a week, that is in 5 days. Runs are 10 to say 140 miles, at least for me, sometimes less than a mile, dock to dock at the plants. We run a semi forced dispatch... I will explain in a minute...

We only have around 8 or 9 trucks leased on at any given time, ten is our limit. And we deal with a very competent dispatching staff that knows their stuff. We are an automotive tier one carrier, so we get first crack at everything and rarely sit, we are very very busy. Right now I have 5 loads booked, I will leave tonight, Sunday, pick up at 1900 and deliver at 2100, then four loads in the morning starting at 0600 18 miles from my 2100 drop... I will be finished by 0930 Monday morning and still have the rest of the day to work if I choose, which I will. Pay for all of this is $1500 gross. With my dead head to get that first load, I will have traveled less than 200 miles when I finish. This is normal, and why you do not turn down freight here. My average take home net pay, when my truck is running, is very very good. I normally fill up on Monday and run on that fuel all week.

Also, there are no tracking devices to install on your truck, the trailers have them, and you normally keep the trailer, we rarely drop and hook. We communicate via text message, rarely do I speak with anyone on the phone, and I take the trailer to the house, it is always with me. And the maintenance on the trailers are taken care of by the company, we do not run caps either, only virgin tires.

We do work some long hours at times, if you want to work. Also, we have plenty of leeway in regards to time off, but they like to see at the minimum of four days work out of you. 4 to 5 days is a normal work week, weekends off if you want, but they will run you if you are up to it.

Miles per week are normally under 2,000, I like to keep it under 1,000 if possible... Work smarter, not harder.

You will need a truck that can pass a DOT, not to beat up and you must supply your own plate and pay your bobtail insurance along with your 2290. You pay your IFTA quarterly, they do all of the recording and filing. None of this $300 - $600 IFTA payments here! Mine are consistently around $15 a quarter. Also, an active LLC for payroll is a good idea.

Like I stated above, 70/30 split, and it is the easiest settlement on the planet to read... Four lines, Runs with Gross, Net pay, Fuel/Escrow deduction and Net Take Home. We are paid weekly and I have NEVER had any pay issues.

If you are in the area, are a good people person and can get along in a very fast paced environment, pm me and I will get back to you. And you must be good with people, we deal in automotive freight, and sometimes it does get hairy. Not often, but often enough... We deal with people that need assistance tying their own shoes, so if you have a short fuse or require a babysitter, this is not the work for you. And you will need a clean driving record, no more than a few points. Also, and this is very important, you will need to be able to find the suppliers and plants. There are no directions given, so you need to be able to navigate on your own, this is old school trucking that requires some thought and common sense, you are the captain of your own ship. And to add, the speed limit in Michigan is 60 mph for trucks, and we expect you to drive within those limits, there is no one here telling you to speed. I take my time, no need to hurry.

Honestly this is one of the best companies I have ever worked for, and I have been here now almost two years, coming up on my third... They have stood by me with all of my mechanical issues too, I cannot say enough good things about this company. I do not get any spiffs for bringing people in, just to let you know.
replyreply
RE: Anyone in Detroit/Toledo area? We have openings...
I live in Akron. I wonder if that would work.
replyreply
(09-18-2016 )preacherboy24 Wrote:  I live in Akron. I wonder if that would work.

You know, I have not seen much freight heading that way... Last year we were all over that area, allot of Wooster freight too... I have only gone to Youngstown and Lordstown twice this year, and once to Cleveland. I'll ask though, see what Jeff says. I called him, he will get back with me shortly. He wants to talk to you... He needs an Ohio driver, I shot you his number and extension, call him tomorrow...
replyreply
Wow thats great pay! But I dont wanna move from florida :-)

User's Signature: Cascadia ISX15 CM2350
replyreply
09-19-2016, (Subject: Anyone in Detroit/Toledo area? We have openings... ) 
Well.....I'm looking into it. I dont mind putting in a days worth of work. Just called Jeff and I may stop by tomorrow.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.