truck shakes
09-21-2016, (Subject: truck shakes ) 
RE: truck shakes
That's funny!

I found a disc brake pad inside a trailer tire that finally beat the tire to death, from the inside.

I had a steer tire that would hop at 45-50 mph. Shop swore it wasn't the tire since they were new.
You have to learn to be obnoxious and a major pain in the ass unfortunately.

New tires, problem solved.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
09-21-2016, (Subject: truck shakes ) 
Whenever I have steer tires put on new, I tell them that I want to spin them before the jack is let down. If they are whoopie-whoopie, or if the rim inspection line is not even to the rim as they spin,... I will refuse to pay, and/or demand they get re-mounted. BUT -- If they are mounted right, its an extra 20 bucks per tire to the person who mounted them. -- I tell them this up front before they start, and they grumble, but they always take the time to be extra careful when they put them on the rims.

I have not had a problem since.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
09-25-2016, (Subject: truck shakes ) 
In my experience, there is a big difference between a shake and a vibration. A vibration from a drive line related issue will be a high frequency vibration, or more like a buzz. A shake will be a lower frequency. I've had trucks that shook and spent many dollars on a witch hunt trying to fix it. You said it was aligned recently. But it does depend on how the tech does the alignment. It sounds to me that the rear axles are not aligned with the front, causing the rears to basically skip, or the sidewalls to flex making the shake. the rears should be aligned to each other, then aligned to the front. It's also called checking the thrust angle. I would have another shop check the alignment again and be sure to have the thrust angle checked. And just my preference, i always run Michelin tires. Just my two cents worth.
replyreply
10-07-2016, (Subject: truck shakes ) 
Balance, Balance, Balance!!!! Spin balance all wheel positions. DO NOT use balance beads, or other balancing gimmicks which can actually cause shaking. Also remember alignment fixes pulling, wandering, drifting, etc, not shaking. Shaking is usually a balancing issue, or a product of worn suspension components.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
10-08-2016, (Subject: truck shakes ) 
Did you say it doesn't do it bobtailing?If so I would be looking at your trailer.Check trailer axle alignment or get the axles aligned and make sure all the wheels are set correctly on the hubs or you don't have hub tabs that are worn out making them spin out of round.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.