High sodium in oil
10-07-2016, (Subject: High sodium in oil ) 
High sodium in oil
./uploads/201610/post_1749_1475816346_5417af45b04f548f7d01df775cba1312.jpgRotela triple with galon of 85 140 supertech gear oil
Is this high sodium level bad?
replyreply
RE: High sodium in oil
SPEEDCO? Never trust them. Take another sample to CAT or any reputable lab. See the difference/
replyreply
What kind of motor do you have?. Need more engine info.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
Actually I did couple times oil samples at speedco and they are close to the other labs. You can resample with polaris or blackstone to make sure. This sample shows coolant in the oil. Its not critical, but cummins says if its more than 50ppm in can start to cause bearings corrosion. You should notice if you losing some coolant Pressure test your coolant, egr cooler. Might be many things like air compressor head, cylinder head, head gasket, dropped liners.. When I had this problem was oil cooler gasket between engine block and oil cooler housing mixing oil and coolant.

User's Signature: Cascadia ISX15 CM2350
replyreply
10-08-2016, (Subject: High sodium in oil ) 
Engine cm2250

The truck has not lost colant at all,
When we flushed the engine after the ceramic plungers broke i decided to change the oil cooler, for some reason the oil cooler gasket didnt seal properly and on the first start up had oil in the colant and coolant in the oil, We did change the oil twice and installed a new maintenance free breather filter.
So I am guessing that why there is still some coolant in the sample, i will test it again next oil change Godwilling
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.