truck shakes
09-20-2016, (Subject: truck shakes ) 
RE: truck shakes
kw t700. not sure if its shuddering on passenger side or if the vibrations traveling over there from driver side
replyreply
intermittent, I would verify my ride height first. Check the carrier/steady bearing. push on it real hard, the bearing shouldn't lift out of the rubber. after running get under and feel for hot u joints. if the alignment is a issue you could be feeling the back tires skipping as they are being dragged sideways. check your eye bushings on the rear and your stabilizer torsion bars for the diffs. easy stuff to check.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
just climbed under there no hot u joints or play in torsion bars and carrrier bearing didnt budge. just had 3 axle alignment done a few weeks ago
replyreply
Was it doing it prior to the alignment?
replyreply
See if you can get out on the highway, and ask,other truckers to see if your steer tires are hopping while driving down the highway. I know I've seen quite trucks doing this, over the years. Did you say you had your king pins replaced?. It is possible that you have excessive slack in the new king pins. Sometimes these mechanics will install new pins, and they won't tell you about the excessive slack. I would suggest, placing a hydraulic jack, and raise the front end up, one side at a time, and get a crowbar and check for excessive play in king pins. It could also be a wheel bearing, that was not correctly installed.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
yes it was
replyreply
doesnt do it at all when bobtailing. its worst with an empty trailer. if that helps narrow it down
replyreply
doesnt do it at all bobtailing or going down hill. so now im back to the drive shaft or rear end
replyreply
and only does it between 65 and 70
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.