truck shakes
09-20-2016, (Subject: truck shakes ) 
RE: truck shakes
Check your front hangers, bushings, pins/bolts.
replyreply
When I first bought my truck, the front end would shake and hop around 63mph... Discovered one of the tires was out of round, replaced both and problem went away. We discovered this on the high speed tire balancer... It looked like an egg going round and round.
replyreply
brand new steers and drives
replyreply
think im gonna run it by a betts spring shop when i get back out west
replyreply
Check those new tires, this may sound weird, but I bought a new pickup a few years back and the brand new OEM tires, Firestones, 3 were out of round, I got a whole new set. It happens.
replyreply
Just changed the orig steer shocks at 307k and one of the front airide airbags I have two on each side ....
I had intermittent vibration in the seat and bed. Sometime the hood left or right
I think it came from the shocks. Got the OEM ones and are very pressurized , not like the Monroe ones that were coming with the plastic tie to keep them from straighten in the box..(( Volvo old vnl 1999y)).. For now vibration is gone
replyreply
Yeah I had that on my Volvo, the only thing I didn't change was the bushings. It still shook till I parked it. Every thing, and I mean everything is new exept the bushings, from the clutch all the way back to the brake lights. The front is new exept the drums and the bushings. I would lean towards the bushings. Just my experience with that shake.

User's Signature: I don't know sh!t from shinola!
replyreply
I posted some videos from the tire makers over in "Ask Your Question" under the thread name "Steer Tire Wear". They explain proper tire mounting procedures and are worth a look and may explain your problem.

The most important thing about tire mounting is concentric mounting of the tire on the rim, and mounting the wheel assembly on the hub so as to minimize runout. Both are explained in detail in the videos.

User's Signature: Too young to quit........Too old to change.
replyreply
A coworker of mine was chasing the exact problem you described but nothing while bobtail. he spent 1000 getting his driveline redone and then got his tires balanced. turns out it was a bad trailer tire that he was feeling.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.